It is currently 19 Apr 2024 17:49

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2022 23:47 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Just letting people know that if you use Ebay to order spares from the USA, you'll know it can be very expensive by the time you get the item.

Prime example, £17 for a CR belt tension wheel bracket which cost me £68 by the time shipping, (which sometimes does not include import tax) so import tax (which is more at this end of the pond), PO handling charges (another £12) etc were accounted for.

I've just used EBay's Global Shipping programme to buy two radiators for my 1125r from the USA, and with GSP you can see everything it's going to cost IE shipping, Import tax and nothing else to pay. Two radiators cost £103 with everything included which I didn't think was too bad, especially considering they don't come up very often here in the UK and I've already had to replace two.

It's just an easy way to work out what anything is going to cost without anything like PO handling charges or any other stuff added at this end. Make's it better value to shop in the USA than from Europe which always includes VAT now.

If you're going to try it make sure the seller states they use Ebay's Global Shipping Programme or you'll cop for all sorts of charges when things get here.

Just for information.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2022 23:53 

Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2
I'm looking at different sizes of front sprockets at the moment all from US suppliers, I do have the advantage of family in California though and I'm going over at the end of this month :dance: ........ now what else do I need :?: ;)

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2022 09:07 

Current ride: S1`s
A friend used to be able to bring back stuff and we bought back Mikuni hsr42`s for £175 , the china copies are that now .

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2022 09:40 

Most stuff from China's more or less up to standard UK prices now & if not the shipping makes up for it. However there are still bargains to be had if you can be bothered to trawl.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2022 10:16 

Well, Two weeks later, no bloody radiators, all was fine till they touched down in Heathrow, great tracking facilities up till then, then Hermes took over, nothing at all after that. FFFin' lost them seemingly.
No problem with a full refund via Ebay which came this through this morning. One of the more efficient services within their Global Shipping programme.
I will use the this system again though, as I lost nothing & might have got a pair of radiators to keep my 1125r going in the future.
Ah well, hopefully better luck next time.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2022 11:48 

Current ride: A black one
Could be worse

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2022 16:25 

Current ride: S1`s
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Well, Two weeks later, no bloody radiators, all was fine till they touched down in Heathrow, great tracking facilities up till then, then Hermes took over, nothing at all after that. FFFin' lost them seemingly.
No problem with a full refund via Ebay which came this through this morning. One of the more efficient services within their Global Shipping programme.
I will use the this system again though, as I lost nothing & might have got a pair of radiators to keep my 1125r going in the future.
Ah well, hopefully better luck next time.

Hermes have stolen packages from me costing hundreds, not lost, stolen.

Package items in bigger than required boxes and never send anything in a pocket sized parcel.

Write on package in large letters "parcel has internal tracking device fitted "

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2022 21:15 

Current ride: X1 2001
lost a guitar that way
but in UK , made it from Scotland to London
then was stolen inside a depot where it was reported as delivered too
wankers

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2022 21:32 

Nutah wrote:
lost a guitar that way
wankers

Yeah, reported delivered is proper stealing as it screws up any chance of refunds.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2022 07:45 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Nutah wrote:
lost a guitar that way
wankers

Yeah, reported delivered is proper stealing as it screws up any chance of refunds.

I normally use the click and collect with ebay for any valuable items, or if I know i'm likley to be busy on delivery day ,where you can select a local pick up point ( garage , shop) it's tracable and you get email with security code when its arrived and ready for collection . :yup:

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2022 13:20 

Tracking details with UPS report that the parcel went through customs at Heathrow but was never seen again after that. Heathrow's still having a nightmare with stuff piling up but you never know, may well turn up yet.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2022 17:07 

Current ride: X1 2001
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Tracking details with UPS report that the parcel went through customs at Heathrow but was never seen again after that. Heathrow's still having a nightmare with stuff piling up but you never know, may well turn up yet.

yeh about two weeks after you buy some elsewhere , If your lucks like mine :rotfl: