It is currently 29 Mar 2024 14:50

All times are UTC

Post subject: Easter plans
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2019 23:10 

Current ride: 1125 CR, XT500, 750S
Location: Tiddly village near the throbbing metropolis of Rugby
Bike wise, who's doing what for Easter ? Any rides,events on?....Hoping to be out on the Buell but looking for a destination ...😁

Post subject: Re: Easter plans
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2019 22:42 

Current ride: S1W,Hype,HP2,R1200RS
This holiday I shall mostly be painting the garage floor............bikes are in a neighbours garage.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2019 09:11 

Current ride: 1125 CR, XT500, 750S
Location: Tiddly village near the throbbing metropolis of Rugby
jeznewsome wrote:
This holiday I shall mostly be painting the garage floor............bikes are in a neighbours garage.

Living the dream :D

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2019 10:27 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Ohsteveo wrote:
jeznewsome wrote:

Living the dream :D

I was gonna do my fork oil & brake pads this weekend but could be out for a ride if I ain't doing that, I'll meet up somewhere with you if you want?
All the best Paul.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2019 19:28 

Ah well,
Screw doin' the fork oil, changing the front tyre & brake pads when the sun is shining, just took myself on a "Billy no mates" ride round Derbyshire.
Scenery always makes me smile as does the 1125r but getting a bit bored with it now it's running ok & there are no puzzles to work out.
Other than the front end to maintain it's done I guess.
Wife's already asking me when I'm selling/swapping it?
F**k!
Knows me better than I do.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2019 02:55 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
Those "Billy no mates" rides can be some of the best, just you the bike and freedom so go where and when you what too.
As for the selling/swapping, yes us engineer type people like the challenge of fixing things, at times once done, we can lose interest and look for the next challenge to keep our brain active.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2019 13:15 

barney wrote:
Those "Billy no mates" rides can be some of the best, just you the bike and freedom so go where and when you what too.
As for the selling/swapping, yes us engineer type people like the challenge of fixing things, at times once done, we can lose interest and look for the next challenge to keep our brain active.

I'd like to keep this though as it is a lovely runner now & a really great Enthusiast Group in UKBEG.

Maybe set myself to work on getting my 1997 T595 Speed Tripled Daytona through it's MOT, that was my project in 2016 & still needs a little tidying, Bit put off when I sprayed the tank etc & ethanol bled through & bubbled the tank in a few small places. Still looks good though. May insure it in May with my 1125r so it makes it more feasible to get on with.

It is one of my traits though, find them fix them & swap them, but wanted an 1125r since I first laid eyes on one, so a bit more cautious this time. My missus has seen this coming since I told her it was running ok. God damn!

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2019 00:19 

Hi Folks,
Over that now. (heart on my sleeve again).
Rode the 1125 to Sheffield to see my father in law, he doesn't talk much sense at all now & is having difficulty with walking, (thinks there are holes in the floor) incontinence & other much weirder stuff. He doesn't know much about what happens in the real world either & is a total heart breaker for me to deal with. Anyway I'm sure you don't want to hear about that. The reason I mention it at all is that it really inspires me to ride after my visits to get rid of some of the feelings I get left with.

So, I knew where the straights were, managed to engage the first 3 gears, bang, bang, bang on full wallop to just over 10,000 in each which was the first time since my modding & Screw getting rid of this bike, it's a total F****n' tyre shredder. Even the front end felt ok-ish, (a bit independent) may even just be the tyre but I'll get the forks off, oil changed, steering cleaned & tightened slightly (can't seem to find enough space to fit the damper I bought) Bollocks, & change the disc pads & tyre & all should be well I'm hoping.

Also thought I may make some more front & rear sliders to match the alloy casing sliders as I have managed to claim back some space in my garage which was full of stuff from my FIL's house. Mainly from around my lathe thank god so I can actually just about use it again by being able to get the Triumph further up the garage & away from the benches. And it brings the Triumph into focus again.

Well that's me got myself an active list that can be done over a few choice days when it's gonna be raining & on the lathe when I've got time rain or shine, just hack sawing though the 50mm bar being the only snag but got some genuine eclipse blades at a car boot for the princely sum of two quid for 10, result.

The first 3 gears was a real eye opener to say the least & I'm not sure I'm finished with that bit yet either.

All the best folks sorry about the downer periods, just me I'm afraid.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2019 05:19 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
Activity list activation from Wednesday, looks like we got a whole week of rain coming :sad1:

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2019 08:49 

barney wrote:
Activity list activation from Wednesday, looks like we got a whole week of rain coming :sad1:

Just in time for me Barney, I'll get my "tick pen" ready.
Thanks for your support. :yup:

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2019 10:47 

Jazzbutcher wrote:
barney wrote:

Just in time for me Barney, I'll get my "tick pen" ready.
Thanks for your support. :yup:

Forks out, Tick

Spindle dry as a bone, Tick

Attachments:
Dry spindle.JPG
Dry spindle.JPG [ 1.27 MiB | Viewed 2256 times ]
Forks out.JPG
Forks out.JPG [ 1.16 MiB | Viewed 2256 times ]