It is currently 28 Mar 2024 09:40

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Newbie to the forum
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2018 23:12 

Just out of interest, why did you get rid of the Daytona? I've got a soft spot for those bikes, a future classic possibly. I was taught a lesson by a capable rider of this Parish, on a Daytona, trying to follow him over South Barule above Port Erin. I was on a much more powerful Ducati, and it took me right out of my comfort zone lOl

Post subject: Re: Newbie to the forum
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2018 23:50 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
To be honest I couldn't do any more with the Daytona, I needed something else to keep me busy.

Daytona was a beautiful ride & I could make most other bikes really try on A roads, but this Buell is just about right at the start of as far as the Daytona could go with my tuning & styling skills.

I'm really looking forward to working on the 1125r, it's a real tearaway animal that needs mastering to get the best out of it, which is gonna take quite a bit of work.

Already upgrading the overall detail, Stainless fasteners etc (bit of a ball ache because of the Metric imperial mix of threads) so having to make a few myself on my lathe.

Also working on the suspension (which was set up really badly), Sag is a pretty standard affair to get right, but these andles on Buell frames really make you utilise all of the suspension & very delicate adjustments are necessary to get them perform to my A road Domains.

The engine always comes last to be tuned as I like to be able to access those improvements on a bike that has the handling set up by myself.

It's the overall potential surrounding the Buell 1125r thay really interests me though.

Hence I'm no longer at a loose end as I was with the Daytona although I loved just looking at it also.

Hope that answers your question. Paul