It is currently 28 Mar 2024 14:42

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 18:37 
Great to see one and all............for me these Buell gatherings are now synonymous with ...........pouring rain.......wet rain gear..........good cheer

M2 - went like a ........allbeit.... "wet" dream.

FEI-LO - :shock: "those Romans put a lot of traffic ligths along Watling Street...."

PASH - :roll: " well they were trying to stop accidents as they didnt have any hospitals..."

:lol: :lol:

Many thanks to Chris and Jane for organising etc: :clap:

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 20:31 

pash wrote:
Aww man, did I meet you? I could have bargained with you for the hugger...

:idea: I wondered if that was you - but thought that you'd have mentioned it when I told you my name! It's on an offer at the mo' but will contact you if it doesn't work out mate!

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 20:37 

pash wrote:

If you'd been nice to me (instead of calling me an old git :o ) I'd have given you a hug ;) 8-) :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 20:41 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
We would like to reassure new members that it doesn't always rain for UKBEG meets - it just seems like it does!

Jane and I almost had a totally dry ride down to Cosford this morning, it only started raining about 10 miles from the venue. Perhaps it wasn't going to be too bad after all? But half an hour later we knew it was going to be a typical UKBEG meet when Paul arrived and stood outside Cosford's cafe area emptying the water out of his boots :( ...

We can't thank you guys enough for attending today. I expect most, if not all, experienced some of the heavy downpours which were correctly forecast. It was good to meet new members Tim and Cindy, who'd arrived on their XB12XT and fellow UKBEG Buell Challenger, Charlie, who was still buzzing about our recent endurance run for Em's Charity.

For our return journey it rained consistently for 140 miles and just north of Sheffield the heavens really opened. We arrived home slightly damp around the edges but still with a grin on our faces.

I beginning to think that both of us need therapy. There's no sane, logical explanation for our obsession with Buell motorcycles and (sometimes very soggy) UKBEG events.

There were 7 UKBEG bikes at Cosford today, 5 of which were Buells.

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 20:55 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Adam wrote:
pash wrote:

If you'd been nice to me (instead of calling me an old git :o ) I'd have given you a hug ;) 8-)

Right Mr Adam, I didn't say you were old, lets go back a few steps:

Pash: Yeah, I lent my old man my lid cos it has an ACU gold sicker cos he is doing a track day
Adam: Really, wow (As if to say he was an old biddy/codger)
Pash: Come on, he is about your age

at which you took offence... I must admit, he is a bit older, he retired in 93 and has a Sunbeam Model 9 (and a F800 BMW)...

:lol:

Saying that though, your (one's) parents are never old in your (one's) eyes. When Ms Pash says to me that my mum looks old, I look at her and think "come on, your mum looks much older"...

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 20:57 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
paulalig wrote:
pash wrote:

:idea: I wondered if that was you - but thought that you'd have mentioned it when I told you my name! It's on an offer at the mo' but will contact you if it doesn't work out mate!

I am a bit dim when it comes to names. ph4824 has numbed my brain recently and I find it difficult to come back to forum reality...

BTW, your bike said to mine that I could have the hugger for a tenner. Want proof?

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 21:02 

Shan't say what I used to think when I looked at my mother in law :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 21:16 
CJ wrote:
We would like to reassure new members that it doesn't always rain for UKBEG meets - it just seems like it does!

Jane and I almost had a totally dry ride down to Cosford this morning, it only started raining about 10 miles from the venue. Perhaps it wasn't going to be too bad after all? But half an hour later we knew it was going to be a typical UKBEG meet when Paul arrived and stood outside Cosford's cafe area emptying the water out of his boots :( ...

We can't thank you guys enough for attending today. I expect most, if not all, experienced some of the heavy downpours which were correctly forecast. It was good to meet new members Tim and Cindy, who'd arrived on their XB12XT and fellow UKBEG Buell Challenger, Charlie, who was still buzzing about our recent endurance run for Em's Charity.

For our return journey it rained consistently for 140 miles and just north of Sheffield the heavens really opened. We arrived home slightly damp around the edges but still with a grin on our faces.

I beginning to think that both of us need therapy. There's no sane, logical explanation for our obsession with Buell motorcycles and (sometimes very soggy) UKBEG events.

There were 7 UKBEG bikes at Cosford today, 5 of which were Buells.

Hi Chris and Jane,
What rain it was like a summer day in Wales!
Great to meet everyone sorry we did not get to say goodbye. Trying to work out which meet we can make next!
Take care
T&C

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 21:19 

CJ wrote:

No I think it always does. I went to this meet last year and it rained - I don't mind the rain but trade descriptions requires us to be honest "UKBEG, The wettest bike club in the land". Maybe not that sounds a bit ............. wet!

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 22:15 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
As a founder member of 'Team Damp Patch - Yorkshire Section' I tend to agree.

We must sit down and work out how many UKBEG meets since 1998 have actually been held in dry weather - or perhaps not, because we'd stop doing them :D...

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk