Fitting Aero Headers & Reverso Can?
This is how I did it. Time taken was about 2 hours. What these photos don't show you is removing or refitting plugs, cables, grommets and some parts were fiddly and required some patients especially if you only drop the engine just enough to get to the rear header pipe bolts. Maz's tip are shown in red depicting a more thorough job where the engine is dropped much further for easier access but involves more work
1. Use a rear paddock stand to support bike
2. Loosen rear wheel
3. Remove belt tensioner cover
4. Remove belt tensioner
5. Remove plastic cover O/S
6. Remove air duct N/S
7. Remove chin spoiler.
8. Remove exhaust valve cable from muffler
9. Support muffler with a jack, unbolt and remove
10. Remove tank cover
11. Remove cables and tubes before unclipping and removing top airbox
12. Remove air filter and the airbox base
13. Slacken / remove engine mount hidden under airbox. Maz's tip - Top tie bar only needs undoing at engine.
14. Slacken / remove engine mount connected to oil radiator (optional - the oil cooler frame is removed from the frame and hence will move with the rotation of the engine)
15. Undo bolts connecting engine to frame on both sides.
16. Support bottom of the engine with a jack
17. Slaken right off but leave large bolt between forks connected. Maz's tip - Consider removing the front mudguard to give more workspace and to avoid damage. Slacken the rear engine mounting bolt (not shown).
18. Now the engine is supported by the jack at this point. Lower it enough to remove header pipes. As you do this, check for tightening of throttle cables, the wiring harness and fuel pipes, and for clashing between the harness and coil. Maz's tip is to remove the ignition coil and plug leads, disconnect all engine harness connectors, injector plugs etc.under airbox, disconnect fuel line and disconnect clutch cable from lever. In addition, on 08>models the ign. pick up cables etc will need disconnecting.
19. Disconnect sensor connected to rear header pipe and re fit into new exhaust header pipe.
20. Remove circlips and flange bracket from old headers and refit on new exhaust. Whilst the old ones can be reused it is recommended to replace with new ones. (Exhaust gasket not shown).
21. Fit rear pipe (if separate) and then assemble the exhaust system. Tuck the original exhaust valve cable away underneath the belt tensioner cover.Refitting
22. Same as above but in reverse order.
23. Remember to use the correct torque settings.
24. Make sure the base of the plastic funnel is pulled through the holes all the way around before fitting the air filter.
25. Disconnect exhaust valve cable before fitting cover back on.