It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:37

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 19:04 

Short notice I know, but we've got a bit of a Buell "thing" going on this weekend.

We'll have a fleet of demonstrators here to try, and the demos will be managed for us (if all goes according to plan) by the Buell Experience team.

We've got 1125R (including the new White example) 1125CR, Ulysses, Lightning and the '09 City Cross all available, so come along - but remember, if you want to try a bike we must see BOTH parts of your driving licence!

Cheers

John

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 19:42 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None
There is officially more Buell that Harley in the shop :D

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 22:24 

Principal wrote:
but remember, if you want to try a bike we must see BOTH parts of your driving licence!

I've only got the one part to my license.
Does this mean I can't have a test ride?

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 23:16 
Weather looks a bit shite for the weekend but I might amble down for a try on the CR before sending my photo bit off for an update. Got a letter the other day "update your photo section for £20 or we'll fine you £1,000". Nice :shut:

PostPosted: 14 May 2009 13:29 

thorkill the tall wrote:
Principal wrote:
but remember, if you want to try a bike we must see BOTH parts of your driving licence!

I've only got the one part to my license.
Does this mean I can't have a test ride?

if you've been issued with the new two part licence, we need to see both parts. It's a condition laid down by our insurers. Sorry.

PostPosted: 14 May 2009 13:52 

I think his insinuation was that he's such a wrinkly lanky old fart that his licence was written out by hand by Mr Leslie Hore-Belisha himself. :lol: :twisted:

PostPosted: 14 May 2009 13:56 

Norm wrote:
I think his insinuation was that he's such a wrinkly lanky old fart that his licence was written out by hand by Mr Leslie Hore-Belisha himself. :lol: :twisted:

Best I keep quiet then - as I will soon be eligible to join the wrinkly, if not lanky old fart club meself! :old:

PostPosted: 14 May 2009 15:41 

Norm wrote:

Written!
I'll have you know Moses brought it down from Mount Sinai!
Carved in finest granite, donchaknow..........

It's even got a class for a 'horse-less carriage propelled by distilate'.

PostPosted: 14 May 2009 17:17 

Well they ave got a few Buells in stock but the sales team still fukin ignorant maybe coz I had the wrong merc oh well same old same old, spoke to the guy at the desk and he couldnt be arsed to look up or speak so much for new managment . i was not impressed , shant bother again :cry:

PostPosted: 14 May 2009 17:30 

gypsy wrote:
Well they ave got a few Buells in stock but the sales team still fukin ignorant maybe coz I had the wrong merc oh well same old same old, spoke to the guy at the desk and he couldnt be arsed to look up or speak so much for new managment . i was not impressed , shant bother again :cry:

I had that at the BMW dealers yesterday...I actually spoke to them in the end.
I asked them why the salesmen had not approached me, turns out that they were parts/service bods and the salesmen were away on training etc.
I got the dealer principal in the end and arranged test rides for two bikes for Sat.
Don`t be so hasty, and FFS ask them why they are not helping you, tell them face to face... 8-)

PostPosted: 15 May 2009 09:42 

gypsy wrote:

One day this week, a guy entered the store, engaged in conversation with another member of staff, and then went walkabout around the store. A few minutes later, he walked past my desk on his way out, waving his hands in the air and making loud comments about not being spoken to, presumably referring to me! I was engrossed in something quite detailed at the time that required my full attention. If this guy spoke to me looking for a response, he spoke to my back. I didn't ignore him. I just didn't hear him.

Some days you just can't win.

PostPosted: 15 May 2009 19:59 

Say wot you want chap I think ur ignorant , I spoke to you twice Pat who use to work there as sales man heard me ingrossed in wot for ffs you was playing on the puter , as for waving my hands in the air I accually said bollox to ur dont speak then, also as the shop was empty I thought hey good time to meet this new guy, well 1st impressions etc same old same old me thinks , good luck in the new job dont think much will change coz ur there but hayho we see

PostPosted: 15 May 2009 21:34 

Hello Jerry

Got the Tuber sorted out yet?

Its good to Torque

PostPosted: 16 May 2009 06:43 

gypsy wrote:
Say wot you want chap I think ur ignorant , I spoke to you twice Pat who use to work there as sales man heard me ingrossed in wot for ffs you was playing on the puter , as for waving my hands in the air I accually said bollox to ur dont speak then, also as the shop was empty I thought hey good time to meet this new guy, well 1st impressions etc same old same old me thinks , good luck in the new job dont think much will change coz ur there but hayho we see

I'm not going to get involved in a slanging match. If the guy I referred to earlier was you, you spoke to my back and I simply didn't hear you. If you view that as my being ignorant, there's not much I can do about it.

John

PostPosted: 16 May 2009 09:53 
Funny isn't it, people complain about being jumped on by salesman the second they get to a dealership yet let them walk around in their own space without a salesman hassling them and this happens. I've always maintained you have to be a mind reader in the motortrade!

Just out of interest Gypsy were you "just looking" or "looking to buy"?
If my garage got as many "tourists/windowshoppers/tyrekickers" as DG20 I'd have pulled whats left of my hair out!