Last visit was: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:40 pm It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:40 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Wiltshire
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 4133
Current ride: The wife
Location: Cofa's tree
Kiwi wrote:
PC20?? :?

Sounds scary (Just renewing insurance now)

PC20
Contravention of pedestrian crossing regulations with moving vehicle
. Scary indeed...if you're the one crossing the road lOl

_________________
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Wiltshire
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 689
Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Location: South
Finmows wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
PC20?? :?

Sounds scary (Just renewing insurance now)

PC20
Contravention of pedestrian crossing regulations with moving vehicle
. Scary indeed...if you're the one crossing the road lOl


Okay, yep that is gunna sting at insurance time surely.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Wiltshire
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 4420
Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Location: NNW of Sarfampton
Kiwi wrote:
Finmows wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
PC20?? :?

Sounds scary (Just renewing insurance now)

PC20
Contravention of pedestrian crossing regulations with moving vehicle
. Scary indeed...if you're the one crossing the road lOl


Okay, yep that is gunna sting at insurance time surely.


Very hard to argue against that one, it's a black and white case.

Welcome Mick, if you are around Salisbury tomorrow, it's national Chocolate Cake Day!!


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
I'm a Hornithologist, I get excited by exotic birds.........


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Wiltshire
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 689
Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Location: South
:rotfl:


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Wiltshire
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 296
Current ride: xb12scg tadpoled
Location: Hastings uk
Kiwi wrote:
Chiz_4 wrote:
Tadpole wrote:
Oh come on, are there only two or three real bikers in the South East, Nice to know you've joined up but have you thought about moving to sunny East Sussex where the really fast immaculate BLACK Buells live ? We have roads smooth as a runway and no speed cameras at all. Even the single policeman waves and smiles :rotfl: :rotfl:
Anyway no it's not threaded, just seized up so treat with care, warm it up and beat it out carefully like Brothers said.
:yup:

He's right about the black Buells,but that policeman he speaks of the bastard,done me a while back for a pc.20.you try asking your insurance company what one of them is. :headbang:



PC20?? :?

Sounds scary (Just renewing insurance now)

well the prick was on an unmarked bike,he was doing about 25 in a30 so i went passed him,he tried to catch up but couldnt,but when he followed me home,he couldnt get a speed,he done me for going on the outside of the traffic on approach to a zebra crossing hence a pc 20.

_________________
Time flies like an arrow,fruit flies like a banana.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Wiltshire
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 689
Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Location: South
Chiz_4 wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
Chiz_4 wrote:
Tadpole wrote:
Oh come on, are there only two or three real bikers in the South East, Nice to know you've joined up but have you thought about moving to sunny East Sussex where the really fast immaculate BLACK Buells live ? We have roads smooth as a runway and no speed cameras at all. Even the single policeman waves and smiles :rotfl: :rotfl:
Anyway no it's not threaded, just seized up so treat with care, warm it up and beat it out carefully like Brothers said.
:yup:

He's right about the black Buells,but that policeman he speaks of the bastard,done me a while back for a pc.20.you try asking your insurance company what one of them is. :headbang:



PC20?? :?

Sounds scary (Just renewing insurance now)

well the prick was on an unmarked bike,he was doing about 25 in a30 so i went passed him,he tried to catch up but couldnt,but when he followed me home,he couldnt get a speed,he done me for going on the outside of the traffic on approach to a zebra crossing hence a pc 20.



If there are no cameras I'd dispute that one. was he wearing one?


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Wiltshire
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 4133
Current ride: The wife
Location: Cofa's tree
Kiwi wrote:
If there are no cameras I'd dispute that one. was he wearing one?

:rotfl: Your word against a coppers :rotfl:
:rotfl: try that in a court :rotfl:

_________________
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Wiltshire
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 689
Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Location: South
Finmows wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
If there are no cameras I'd dispute that one. was he wearing one?

:rotfl: Your word against a coppers :rotfl:
:rotfl: try that in a court :rotfl:



It can happen ;)


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Wiltshire
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 296
Current ride: xb12scg tadpoled
Location: Hastings uk
Kiwi wrote:
Chiz_4 wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
Chiz_4 wrote:
Tadpole wrote:
Oh come on, are there only two or three real bikers in the South East, Nice to know you've joined up but have you thought about moving to sunny East Sussex where the really fast immaculate BLACK Buells live ? We have roads smooth as a runway and no speed cameras at all. Even the single policeman waves and smiles :rotfl: :rotfl:
Anyway no it's not threaded, just seized up so treat with care, warm it up and beat it out carefully like Brothers said.
:yup:

He's right about the black Buells,but that policeman he speaks of the bastard,done me a while back for a pc.20.you try asking your insurance company what one of them is. :headbang:



PC20?? :?

Sounds scary (Just renewing insurance now)

well the prick was on an unmarked bike,he was doing about 25 in a30 so i went passed him,he tried to catch up but couldnt,but when he followed me home,he couldnt get a speed,he done me for going on the outside of the traffic on approach to a zebra crossing hence a pc 20.



If there are no cameras I'd dispute that one. was he wearing one?

i dont know jf he was,but when he got to my house he said hold on a minute ive just got to check your speed with the unmarked car you passed,they didnt have one either.he was just a young cop who was pissed off that theres riders out there who can negotiate the traffic quicker than him.and at no point was i riding dangerously. :ner:

_________________
Time flies like an arrow,fruit flies like a banana.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Wiltshire
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 4133
Current ride: The wife
Location: Cofa's tree
Kiwi wrote:
Finmows wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
If there are no cameras I'd dispute that one. was he wearing one?

:rotfl: Your word against a coppers :rotfl:
:rotfl: try that in a court :rotfl:



It can happen ;)

A lonnnnng time ago (30 years about) I was on a dual carriageway, "they" were on a bridge that goes over it, I got pulled by "them" who said I was speeding
"see you in court" says I
Court appearance dialogue goes something like this
"He was clearly speeding your worship" says "them"
"Prove it" says I
"How fast was he going"? says beak
"I estimate between 86-92mph" says them
"So, was it 86 or 92mph" says I...."what do you have that PROVES your estimation"?
"What do you have that corroborates your claim"? says beak
"25 years of traffic division, your worship....I have never been wrong"
"Three points and £60" says beak...."case closed"
.
Methinks Mr Chiz is a victim of the same mindset

_________________
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Wiltshire
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 296
Current ride: xb12scg tadpoled
Location: Hastings uk
Thing was as well,3 points and £60 fine,my books were clean and it didn't effect my insurance.i would call that incident entrapment anyway cause he was going so slow as to tempt the overtake.dont get me wrong there are obviously decent coppers out there cause I've seen that side as well,but this one was a definite knob.the best advice I have been given by a copper when I got pulled over for speed was,when I said ok I'll slow down,to which he replied I didn't say that I said do it in the right place at the right time. :old:

_________________
Time flies like an arrow,fruit flies like a banana.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Wiltshire
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:34 pm
Posts: 616
Current ride: m2 cyclone
Location: leicester
If in wiltshire look out for a blond lady on an x1.....oh hang on itbink you got more chance of spotting a unicorn :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Wiltshire
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 689
Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Location: South
Chiz_4 wrote:
Thing was as well,3 points and £60 fine,my books were clean and it didn't effect my insurance.i would call that incident entrapment anyway cause he was going so slow as to tempt the overtake.dont get me wrong there are obviously decent coppers out there cause I've seen that side as well,but this one was a definite knob.the best advice I have been given by a copper when I got pulled over for speed was,when I said ok I'll slow down,to which he replied I didn't say that I said do it in the right place at the right time. :old:



It's good your insurance is left alone Chiz.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Wiltshire
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 689
Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Location: South
Finmows wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
Finmows wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
If there are no cameras I'd dispute that one. was he wearing one?

:rotfl: Your word against a coppers :rotfl:
:rotfl: try that in a court :rotfl:



It can happen ;)

A lonnnnng time ago (30 years about) I was on a dual carriageway, "they" were on a bridge that goes over it, I got pulled by "them" who said I was speeding
"see you in court" says I
Court appearance dialogue goes something like this
"He was clearly speeding your worship" says "them"
"Prove it" says I
"How fast was he going"? says beak
"I estimate between 86-92mph" says them
"So, was it 86 or 92mph" says I...."what do you have that PROVES your estimation"?
"What do you have that corroborates your claim"? says beak
"25 years of traffic division, your worship....I have never been wrong"
"Three points and £60" says beak...."case closed"
.
Methinks Mr Chiz is a victim of the same mindset



:rotfl: :rotfl:

'says beak'

Had to look it up, very old school...

*Stolen* :)


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Wiltshire
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Posts: 8654
Current ride: Buell X1 2001
Location: southampton
ello MickG
see how random we get here :mrgreen:

_________________
Obey the principles without being bound by them.
Bruce Lee


Top
   
 
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited