Last visit was: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:12 pm It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:12 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 27
Current ride: Nothing
Hi I've owned my bike for about 4 weeks now. The first few days my battery died so I got a new one. Everything fine for a couple more weeks, went to take her out today and she's dead again. Spoke to a few people and they said they are 90% sure it would be the regulator. I've looked online and can't find anything in the UK. Does anyone know of an upgrade part as apparently the stock regulators are rubbish


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:20 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 7877
Location: Manchester
XB regs are pretty bullet proof, it's usually stators that fail.......or the connector behind the pulley cover.

_________________
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:27 pm 
Offline
proff. patpending
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 14221
Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Location: Bristol - Gateway to all things good
Here you go...

viewtopic.php?p=251616#p251616

But I'm with Maz on the stator (both stator and regulator went on mine).

_________________
08 Specialized Langster


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 27
Current ride: Nothing
I read it could be stator. Are these easily replaced? I'm not mechanically minded at all. I know someone who builds choppers. Is this something he could do. It seems a nightmare finding parts. And no one in my area that I've spoken to so far will touch a buell. I'm in norfolk


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:05 pm 
Offline
proff. patpending
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 14221
Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Location: Bristol - Gateway to all things good
Why not visit Maz at the Emporium?

_________________
08 Specialized Langster


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 27
Current ride: Nothing
pash wrote:
Why not visit Maz at the Emporium?

He's 4 hours away. I'd rather keep local if I can. It's either stator or regulator or 77 connector . Someone local must be able to sort it. Got ABC in Norwich taking a look on Thurs


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:03 pm 
Offline
proff. patpending
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 14221
Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Location: Bristol - Gateway to all things good
Jaidenthomas wrote:
pash wrote:
Why not visit Maz at the Emporium?

He's 4 hours away. I'd rather keep local if I can. It's either stator or regulator or 77 connector . Someone local must be able to sort it. Got ABC in Norwich taking a look on Thurs

...easy as 1-2-3...

I went to Maz's just for a free bacon sandwich last Saturday... He's 3.5 hours from me...

_________________
08 Specialized Langster


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 504
Current ride: 1125r
Location: South
Good luck. Weather is too good to be faffing about with charging problems ae.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 504
Current ride: 1125r
Location: South
pash wrote:
Jaidenthomas wrote:
pash wrote:
Why not visit Maz at the Emporium?

He's 4 hours away. I'd rather keep local if I can. It's either stator or regulator or 77 connector . Someone local must be able to sort it. Got ABC in Norwich taking a look on Thurs

...easy as 1-2-3...

I went to Maz's just for a free bacon sandwich last Saturday... He's 3.5 hours from me...


:rotfl: I had to work otherwise I'd have come up with you Pash. Did you come back the same day or stay at the nice little B&B next door?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:37 pm 
Offline
proff. patpending
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 14221
Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Location: Bristol - Gateway to all things good
Kiwi wrote:
pash wrote:
Jaidenthomas wrote:
pash wrote:
Why not visit Maz at the Emporium?

He's 4 hours away. I'd rather keep local if I can. It's either stator or regulator or 77 connector . Someone local must be able to sort it. Got ABC in Norwich taking a look on Thurs

...easy as 1-2-3...

I went to Maz's just for a free bacon sandwich last Saturday... He's 3.5 hours from me...


:rotfl: I had to work otherwise I'd have come up with you Pash. Did you come back the same day or stay at the nice little B&B next door?

I went up with Steve from Riders in his car, then cos he was hanging out with mates in Wolverhampton, he dropped me at the station and I cruised home by train... Got back in time to take the missus to work then get on the Thatchers Green Goblin...

_________________
08 Specialized Langster


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 504
Current ride: 1125r
Location: South
pash wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
pash wrote:
Jaidenthomas wrote:
pash wrote:
Why not visit Maz at the Emporium?

He's 4 hours away. I'd rather keep local if I can. It's either stator or regulator or 77 connector . Someone local must be able to sort it. Got ABC in Norwich taking a look on Thurs

...easy as 1-2-3...

I went to Maz's just for a free bacon sandwich last Saturday... He's 3.5 hours from me...


:rotfl: I had to work otherwise I'd have come up with you Pash. Did you come back the same day or stay at the nice little B&B next door?

I went up with Steve from Riders in his car, then cos he was hanging out with mates in Wolverhampton, he dropped me at the station and I cruised home by train... Got back in time to take the missus to work then get on the Thatchers Green Goblin...



That looks nice 6% too I'm gunna try that :D

Image


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:57 pm
Posts: 427
Current ride: XB12Scg well tweaked
Location: Edge of Romney Marsh
Can we have an update please Jaiden. There's no getting around experience with these bikes. Maz actually eats, sleeps, and breeds them. Sorry Maz, "breathes" could have been the word I was looking for. :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

_________________
I'd rather be shot out of a canon than squeezed out of a tube


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 27
Current ride: Nothing
Booked in on Thursday with a local guy who builds choppers.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:07 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 7877
Location: Manchester
:eat:

_________________
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 27
Current ride: Nothing
Maz wrote:
:eat:

Dont worry Maz. The bike will be coming to you if it doesn't get sorted Thursday


Top
   
 
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited