Rather than drilling the old ones out, if they're in good condition, I've got away sometimes, with giving them a light twatting with a copper mallet (supported with something heavy behind to soak up the blow) 😀
Done already on the seat subframe with the addition of some crimps via my 'twatting' screwdriver (not snap-on). The rivnuts on the subframe will need drilling out and replacing when the susbframe is powder coated over winter.
The problem child has a stainless bolt tail stuck in it (which I successfully drilled though 3mm then 5mm) and a fecking stud extractor stuck in it. It failed with the torque I applied to the extractor.....
Yes I know.....I did not know Rivnuts existed when I started trying to remove the failed bolt. If I had I would have kept upping the drill size to drill it out!
I see a long period of dremelling in my future......2017-06-22_06-53-51
, on Flickr
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/foru ... #post13017
yup seen this method on another forum (land rover one I think) when googling setting tools. If it were just one I was doing I may be tempted but, since I doubt Maz's offer was genuine
, I think I may go down the S1nner Sealey tool route.