It is currently 28 Mar 2024 08:45

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2017 15:19 

Current ride: Monster 821
Hi Guys
My name's Phil Truran. Back in 2003, I was a Buell owner and also ran the advertising agency that looked after all of the promotional work for both Harley-Davidson and Buell in the UK.
Keeping matters on the Buell track, some of you may remember a Buell stoppie game that was run online, featuring Craig Jones. This was a bit of fun at the time to create some buzz around the brand, and have a bit of fun. The idea was to see who could do the longest stoppie. The prize that was put up for the winner was a Craig Jones monogrammed XB9. I can't remember the guy's name that won but he was about 6'12" and looked like a proper heavy metal guitarist.

The bike in question had gold Craig Jones signature plates on both sides and a gold top yoke insert.

Now when I had these made, I was smart, and had two sets produced. No, not a set for my Buell, but just in case anything went wrong with the fixing. Needless to say, I charged Buell for both sets, which makes them all the more valuable!

I no longer own my XB12S ( sold it to Steve at Black bear) but I still have the graphic work in proper gold plate. I've attached a crap snapshot for reference here.
It seems a shame to hide these away in my office drawer, so I decided that they should go to a better home, and I thought that the UKBEG site would be the best place to start.
Perhaps if one of the Big Cheeses at UKBEG can think of a good way to get these into the hands of the right person, I'm only too happy to donate them. All the best, and ride safe! Phil

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2017 15:46 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
Maybe you should donate them to UKBeg to sell at the sproutfest auction, this way the club raises money for paying for the website and a load of drunken Buell riders get a chance to part with their money :D :D If that sounds good to you Alison is the one to contact :yup:

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2017 18:27 

Thank you Phil, kev's suggestion is excellent 8-) It's also sweet to know that the MoFuCo paid for them after the BS they gave us over the continuation of spares availability. You almost certainly met the clown who made these promises to us lOl

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2017 20:48 

Current ride: The wife
kevmean wrote:
Maybe you should donate them to UKBeg to sell at the sproutfest auction, this way the club raises money for paying for the website and a load of drunken Buell riders get a chance to part with their money :D :D If that sounds good to you Alison is the one to contact :yup:

That seems to be the most honest and fair way

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 10:24 

Current ride: S1W,S2T,1125CR
Adam wrote:
Thank you Phil, kev's suggestion is excellent 8-) It's also sweet to know that the MoFuCo paid for them after the BS they gave us over the continuation of spares availability. You almost certainly met the clown who made these promises to us lOl

Thanks for the offer, Phil. I remember you showing them to me when I picked your bike up :yup: You could bring them along to Sproutfest yourself ....... it's at the Golden Lion in Easenhall, not a million miles from you :idea:

And, Adam, your remarks about 1203 are out of order! He was a decent bloke who did a lot for us over a period of time - JOGLE T shirts, carbon heel guards for 1125s, Buell Racing shirts and loads of other things. With the parts announcement he was just the messenger and was kicked into touch himself not long after :x

Steve

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 11:15 

Current ride: K100 CBR1000F z550Gt
ursus americanus wrote:
And, Adam, your remarks about 1203 are out of order! He was a decent bloke who did a lot for us over a period of time

:yt: He helped me get a recall shock for my 98 M2 in Holland, to the sound of much grinding of teeth from the dealership management lOl No way would they have done it without his insistence.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 12:10 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
ursus americanus wrote:
And, Adam, your remarks about 1203 are out of order! He was a decent bloke who did a lot for us over a period of time - JOGLE T shirts, carbon heel guards for 1125s, Buell Racing shirts and loads of other things. With the parts announcement he was just the messenger and was kicked into touch himself not long after :x

Steve

:yt:

He was an enthusiast, he help people out here and sadly he eventually lost his job...

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 12:14 

May be for some, however, his other face wanted to report me to the Police over a Post that someone else made. Possibly, he wasn't very literate?

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 12:32 

Current ride: K100 CBR1000F z550Gt
Adam wrote:
his other face wanted to report me to the Police

Did you send him to the back of the queue :?: lOl

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 12:33 

Bonzo wrote:
Adam wrote:
his other face wanted to report me to the Police

Did you send him to the back of the queue :?: lOl

:rotfl:

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 18:31 

Current ride: S1W,S2T,1125CR
Adam wrote:
May be for some, however, his other face wanted to report me to the Police over a Post that someone else made. Possibly, he wasn't very literate?

It's an easy mistake to make, confusing you with Att lOl

Steve

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 18:33 

Current ride: The wife
Bonzo wrote:
ursus americanus wrote:
And, Adam, your remarks about 1203 are out of order! He was a decent bloke who did a lot for us over a period of time

:yt: He helped me get a recall shock for my 98 M2 in Holland, to the sound of much grinding of teeth from the dealership management lOl No way would they have done it without his insistence.

Helped me getting the recall shock sorted on my S1 too!

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 19:05 

ursus americanus wrote:
Adam wrote:

It's an easy mistake to make, confusing you with Att lOl

Steve

Have you ever seen us in the same room at the same time? lOl Oh, hang on......... ;)

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 19:12 

ursus americanus wrote:
With the parts announcement he was just the messenger

I've only ever been in a managerial position with Local Authorities where I would be held accountable, on threat of dismissal, for informed opinions that I gave. Perhaps it's different in the private sector?

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 22:47 
Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
kevmean wrote:

:yt: Yep, if you care to donate them for the auction, I'll do my best to maximise their value on the night (Just like the seven "One of a kind" posters that people bought last year. lOl lOl lOl lOl ).