It is currently 29 Mar 2024 06:44

All times are UTC

Post subject: ECM spyware registration
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017 10:50 

Current ride: 06 Ully
A year ago I paid my mechanic to buy and hold on to ECM spyware. Used it once very successfully on my 06 Ully which had a full race Micron system and K+N air filter fitted.
This winter I installed small but effective baffles into the Micron and I went a bit mad and installed a Kuryakyn Hypercharger. Time for a TPS reset. Rode thirty miles in wet conditions this morning to Brians place for the reset. Because the ECM spyware has not been used often or recently he is locked out. To re register the spyware you are asked to pay £50.
Come on guys this is a piss take. Brian, my mechanic and holder of my spyware is hopefully talking to Gunter, Pash and Maz to try and resolve the problem. Any one else experienced this?

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017 15:31 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Come come, it's not paying, it is a donation to the UKBEG charity where everyone wins. I wouldn't call giving to charity a piss take.

So, who is your mechanic? Is he speaking to me (I am the caretaker at ECMSPY)? I'll tell you that he isn't so address that with him please.

So, does it time out after a period of time? No it doesn't. The software is keyed to your machine, i.e. it takes data about your machine's configuration and creates a key. That key cannot be transferred from machine to machine, to stop copying and to ensure that donations are still received at the Emma Radford charity. Has your mechanic transferred ECMSpy to another machine? In cases like this I like to know the background before allowing a re-issue of the software for free, and I need to know the details to allow a second activation.