Last visit was: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:27 am It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:27 am

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Really nice M2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:35 pm
Posts: 214
Current ride: Buell 1125R and M2
Location: Loughborough
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172535765569


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Really nice M2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:42 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 7804
Location: Manchester
Really ? :roll:

_________________
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Really nice M2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:02 pm 
Offline
Nanny Brown
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:22 pm
Posts: 6142
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Maz wrote:
Really ? :roll:

I agree Maz....nowhere near as good as an XB12 eh?? :D

_________________
Valencia Orange XB12Scg
Black P3 Blast - serviced by Maz


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Really nice M2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:43 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 7804
Location: Manchester
It's an entry level tuber getting on for 19 years old.
It has a shit 6 bobbin front disc, an SRP kit on the rear shock, early rear isolators that fail, an early shit gear change, a front engine mount that will snap, a shit air filter, a shit exhaust system, a shit carb, etc etc.
It's at least 1.5 K over priced and is 3K miles short of a very expensive 10K service.
It will, however, out last any of the XB series.

_________________
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Really nice M2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:15 am 
Offline
Nanny Brown
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:22 pm
Posts: 6142
Location: Portsmouth, UK
My XB is at 20,000+ miles, original belt, only two sets of wheel bearings (changed originals by my insistence not by need - told not necessary) and still going strong. X

_________________
Valencia Orange XB12Scg
Black P3 Blast - serviced by Maz


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Really nice M2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 12:24 am
Posts: 1436
Maz wrote:
It's an entry level tuber getting on for 19 years old.
It has a shit 6 bobbin front disc, an SRP kit on the rear shock, early rear isolators that fail, an early shit gear change, a front engine mount that will snap, a shit air filter, a shit exhaust system, a shit carb, etc etc.
It's at least 1.5 K over priced and is 3K miles short of a very expensive 10K service.
It will, however, out last any of the XB series.



Jesus fuck.....For someone who purports to love Buells, you leave a whole lot to be desired when it comes to the bikes.
I don`t honestly know why you bother, you seldom have a good word to say of the Buell, you leave me somewhat discombobulated in your opinions of the brand.
Cheer the fuck up and see some positives for a change, your tune is decidedly stale and wanting in many areas.

_________________
Sent from my Blackberry using fuckall apart from fingers and elektrickerywizardry...


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Really nice M2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:29 am 
Offline
proff. patpending
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 14103
Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Location: Bristol - Gateway to all things good
Jill Brown wrote:
My XB is at 20,000+ miles, original belt, only two sets of wheel bearings (changed originals by my insistence not by need - told not necessary) and still going strong. X

Your bike is the best...

_________________
08 Specialized Langster


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Really nice M2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:31 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 7804
Location: Manchester
Sorry if you dont like my tone David......I've spent the last 19 years of my life working Buells and speak honestly about them.....surely you more than anyone should appreciate my zero bullshit ATTitude :roll:
I'd be more than happy to expand/qualify any of my above statement should you be a bit hard of thinking :)

_________________
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Really nice M2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 28
Current ride: gpz900r
Location: Uk
Maz wrote:
It's an entry level tuber getting on for 19 years old.
It has a shit 6 bobbin front disc, an SRP kit on the rear shock, early rear isolators that fail, an early shit gear change, a front engine mount that will snap, a shit air filter, a shit exhaust system, a shit carb, etc etc.
It's at least 1.5 K over priced and is 3K miles short of a very expensive 10K service.
It will, however, out last any of the XB series.


IF I remove shit 6 bobbin front disc, shit gear change, shit air filter, shit exhaust system, shit carb and the shit etc etc,
what do I end up with?


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Really nice M2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:37 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 7804
Location: Manchester
An over priced entry level tuber :)

_________________
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Really nice M2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 9:27 pm
Posts: 1042
Location: Glossop in't th'hills
A nice low mileage bike that can be updated with more up to date modern parts. Budget about a grand for bits such as an ebc disc, a spondon front mount, a force wonder or a cheap figure machine copy air filter. The rear isolators are pretty much unobtanium. Though check twin power. The gear change can stay or check out LSL,kerching. Maybe new gaskets....from Dave always look on the bright side Dave :D


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Really nice M2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:58 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 7804
Location: Manchester
Rear iso's I have in stock......and you'll need more than a grand to get it up to speed :roll:

_________________
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Really nice M2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 6:43 pm
Posts: 1832
Current ride: S1`s
Location: Llanelli South Wales
DaveH wrote:
Though check twin power.
maybe twinmotorcycles or Riders of bristol .
You have to love these bikes to get them where they should be .


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Really nice M2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:28 pm
Posts: 66
Current ride: into the sunset
Hello everybody, I have just joined the forum as I have just bought my first Buell. I pick it up on Thursday.

Unfortunately I stumbled across this thread and it appears I that what have bought a shit £1500 overpriced entry level tuber with shit brakes, shit carb, shit exhaust, shit shock, shit air filter and shit isolators (not sure if I have missed anything) and will need to spend more than another £1000 to get it "sorted"

You can imagine I am feeling pretty pleased with myself just now........

I had joined a US Buell forum before i purchased the bike (I hadn't found this one) and didn't get quite the same feedback. I have seen the bike in the flesh and it is even better than it looks in the photos and the advice I got was it was worth paying extra because of the condition it is in.

Not sure how i feel...................


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Really nice M2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 12:24 am
Posts: 1436
gripperod wrote:
Hello everybody, I have just joined the forum as I have just bought my first Buell. I pick it up on Thursday.

Unfortunately I stumbled across this thread and it appears I that what have bought a shit £1500 overpriced entry level tuber with shit brakes, shit carb, shit exhaust, shit shock, shit air filter and shit isolators (not sure if I have missed anything) and will need to spend more than another £1000 to get it "sorted"

You can imagine I am feeling pretty pleased with myself just now........

I had joined a US Buell forum before i purchased the bike (I hadn't found this one) and didn't get quite the same feedback. I have seen the bike in the flesh and it is even better than it looks in the photos and the advice I got was it was worth paying extra because of the condition it is in.

Not sure how i feel...................


Enjoy what you have, perfection is in the eye of the beholder.....Welcome, I am sure opinions will be banged around like a fart in a wind tunnel but you just enjoy what you have 8-)

_________________
Sent from my Blackberry using fuckall apart from fingers and elektrickerywizardry...


Top
   
 
 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited