It is currently 18 Apr 2024 02:57

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Bag of Spanners.
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017 18:29 
Hi Guys

I have had a Buell Ulysses 56 plt for nearly 3 years now. I had a knee replacement 11 weeks ago, so obviously haven't been riding. the bike is under cover but kept outside in my yard. It has never liked this time of year, I don't know if its the damp or what, often had trouble starting and backfiring etc.
Battery off and charged, plugs out cleaned and wd40 on the connections. Started. Brilliant.
But runs like a bag of spanners. I have constant backfire, especially under load,say exhilarating between 3500-5000 revs. I thought it might have been a fuel blockage or old fuel at first but once its warm it ticks over fine.

Its had the Battery on since I bought it so that may be on its way out, but would that affect the ignition in such a way? Also have a Jardine end can fitted but although louder didn't affect running before this little break. Could it be Damp in the CDI or connections ? Any ideas woukd be welcome .

Failing that can you recommend anyone who Knows em, nearer the better, I live in the Halifax area, West Yorkshire, Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Bag of Spanners.
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017 19:04 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Change the plug leads, I bet the front has chaffed through onto the tickover adjuster. Riders of Bristol will sell you some with a 13% discount.

A TPS reset wouldn't hurt either...

Maz is in Manchester at teh Emporium, just along the M62, he will take care of you and get it running sweeeeeeeeeet...

Post subject: Re: Bag of Spanners.
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2017 18:25 
Cheers Pash will give it a try.