Last visit was: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:59 pm It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:33 pm
Posts: 638
Current ride: none : <sniff>
Location: Torrox, España
Update on my report 1 year on:

Uly has just received new battery and front tyre @ 18,350 miles : appears to have been the original battery so its done 7+yrs ( replaced with a Yuasa from Amazon.es for 54 euro delivered ), the front tyre wasn't new when i had the bike at 10.5k - did make a huge difference to the handling when changed. Trip reset button has ceased working again; last time it lasted for 6 months and then started working but this time i am less hopeful.

S3 38,405 km nothing further to report bar non-starting issue which turned out to be the cable working loose at starter motor bolt.

X1 11,653 miles after being thrown at the scenery this summer has received spondon yokes and top mount, new lh fork, front wheel bearings and head bearings. Seat sub-frame now colour coded.

_________________
Life is like a sewer: what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:34 pm
Posts: 579
Current ride: m2 cyclone
Location: leicester
I did 1600 miles to Spain and Portugal and back on coco the m2, behaved brilliantly apart from this old git hitting starter button while in gear, broken gear leavers. When back 500 miles later detention pins worked loose and lost 5 th gear. Trip for maz,s healing hands and all is right with the world once more :worthy:


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 1996
Current ride: XB9SX
40K Update on 06 XB9SX.

A trip to the Eporium in July to have new bearing fitted behind clutch basket at 40,218 miles, also revealed some play in drive side main bearing. :? "Not as bad as some" said Maz.

Long and short of it; I stopped riding the XB at 41,067 prior to motor removal for overhaul.

Driveside swing arm bearing not rotating now as it's been in there since Maz changed them 30k ago! :oooops:

Motor now rebuilt by Maz with replacement of driveside outer bearing, new rings, valve springs and seals. 8-) May do longer write up for anyone left here to read it. lOl


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:28 pm
Posts: 7095
Current ride: Muffin 2001 X1
8-) ............ I did have to go to facebook to see the pictures of it though ;)

_________________
2001 X1 2009 1125CR 2006 Uly oh and some Chinese/German hybrid


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:57 pm
Posts: 47
Current ride: XB9R
Location: Northants
I'm on my 3rd XB9R and I'm keeping this one. The 1st one was white and the internals of the exhaust were removed - It passed the MOT though because it was original ;) It used to make children cry as I went popping and banging by at 4000rpm. I sold that because I'm a ol' git who can't be on with clipons. Then had a few Brit bikes and others in between when I realised I missed me Buell. I bought one that had been sprayed silver but that had bloody noisy pushrods so I sold that un too. Then I spotted a nice blue one that had an LSL top yoke and bar conversion about 6 years back and I still have her today - Love me Buell. I've had a Blast as well which was a fun little pootle about bike.
I aint had no bother apart from the belts but not had any problems there since I left off the bottom belt cover that holds gravel etc that can jump onto the belt and pierce it when it runs round the belt sprocket. Oh hang on my fuel pump is just starting to play up :(


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:23 pm
Posts: 10
Current ride: Buell ullysses 1200
Location: Llandudno
These reports seem to indicate that Buell's are a tad more prone to break down than your average Jap bike then? Even Harleys seem less prone to problems now.

_________________
Riding is good for the soul


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:55 pm
Posts: 139
Current ride: xb12r
XB12R Firebolt
reg 11/08
i am second keeper since july 16
mileage 1850 (spent 6 years in storage.)
purchased from specialist dealer, originally from Eddie Wright HD
in mint standard condition other than tail tidy, mini plate and rear red LEDs as rear light is poo.

home my luck with it as a perfect runner will hold

would like grease nipple mod, belt tensioner, twin outlet alloy can, k&N.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
What goes around comes around


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:11 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:25 pm
Posts: 11447
Location: Oswestry
king01 wrote:
XB12R Firebolt
reg 11/08
i am second keeper since july 16
mileage 1850 (spent 6 years in storage.)
purchased from specialist dealer, originally from Eddie Wright HD
in mint standard condition other than tail tidy, mini plate and rear red LEDs as rear light is poo.

home my luck with it as a perfect runner will hold

would like grease nipple mod, belt tensioner, twin outlet alloy can, k&N.


Phone Maz and he'll bring a nipple mod to Deliverance.

_________________
If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:12 am 
Online
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 7855
Location: Manchester
I always bring a pocket full of £10 coins to Deliverance :twisted:

_________________
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:34 pm
Posts: 579
Current ride: m2 cyclone
Location: leicester
Well another year on and coco the m2 did a tad over 2000 miles across france and north spain witout any problems apart from a smashed headlight . The only worry was at high altitude and 30 odd degrees heat it sounded like a bag of crap . But when cooled was back to sounding sweet :yup:


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:55 pm
Posts: 139
Current ride: xb12r
Maz wrote:
I always bring a pocket full of £10 coins to Deliverance :twisted:


cheers maz, we can sit by the fire and play with your nipples while you tell me what do with them.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

_________________
What goes around comes around


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:35 pm 
Offline
Nanny Brown
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:22 pm
Posts: 6164
Location: Portsmouth, UK
king01 wrote:
Maz wrote:
I always bring a pocket full of £10 coins to Deliverance :twisted:


cheers maz, we can sit by the fire and play with your nipples while you tell me what do with them.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :yup:

_________________
Valencia Orange XB12Scg
Black P3 Blast - serviced by Maz


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 1996
Current ride: XB9SX
driftershooter wrote:
These reports seem to indicate that Buell's are a tad more prone to break down than your average Jap bike then? Even Harleys seem less prone to problems now.



I don't think that my Buell has ever actually broke down in it's 42,647 miles (hiccup'd once or twice lOl )
Drive belt let go because I went WAY past recommended mileage. Motor stripped to replace worn main bearing, as a precaution, not because it stopped working! ;)


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:00 am
Posts: 175
Current ride: Buell XB12X/Suzuki B
Location: Lagos, Portugal
ant69 wrote:
Update on my report 1 year on:

Uly has just received new battery and front tyre @ 18,350 miles : appears to have been the original battery so its done 7+yrs ( replaced with a Yuasa from Amazon.es for 54 euro delivered ), the front tyre wasn't new when i had the bike at 10.5k - did make a huge difference to the handling when changed. Trip reset button has ceased working again; last time it lasted for 6 months and then started working but this time i am less hopeful.

S3 38,405 km nothing further to report bar non-starting issue which turned out to be the cable working loose at starter motor bolt.

X1 11,653 miles after being thrown at the scenery this summer has received spondon yokes and top mount, new lh fork, front wheel bearings and head bearings. Seat sub-frame now colour coded.


Has the Yusa battery you got for the Uly lasted okay?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:33 pm
Posts: 638
Current ride: none : <sniff>
Location: Torrox, España
Cant say : i sold the uly 2 years later.

_________________
Life is like a sewer: what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.


Top
   
 
 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited