Last visit was: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:54 pm It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:22 pm
Posts: 132
Current ride: Buell xb12scg
Location: Somerset
One close to home , will try my hardest to get to this one, enjoy wincanton ,I'm 10 mins down the road :)

_________________
Buell XB12scg cherry bomb red
Ducati streetfighter 848 red


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:43 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:04 pm
Posts: 3238
Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
Location: West Yorkshire
Garry - thanks for the history of that particular Maybach engine, fascinating read.

Sue - hope you can make it. We've never been to Wincanton so we look forwards to our visit.

_________________
Chris & Jane Jessop
Founders of UKBEG April 1998

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 4326
Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Location: NNW of Sarfampton
Very close to Bovington is Cloud Hill; home of TE Lawrence of Brough Superior and Arabia fame :old:

_________________
I'm a Hornithologist, I get excited by exotic birds.........


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:22 pm
Posts: 132
Current ride: Buell xb12scg
Location: Somerset
CJ wrote:
Garry - thanks for the history of that particular Maybach engine, fascinating read.

Sue - hope you can make it. We've never been to Wincanton so we look forwards to our visit.


I lived in wincanton for a number of years , and my family are from wincanton, nice area .
As I'm only just down the road maybe I could ride down to bovington with you on the Sunday if you didn't mind ?

_________________
Buell XB12scg cherry bomb red
Ducati streetfighter 848 red


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:16 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:04 pm
Posts: 3238
Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
Location: West Yorkshire
deepsix wrote:
Very close to Bovington is Cloud Hill; home of TE Lawrence of Brough Superior and Arabia fame :old:


Tony - many thanks for that suggestion. Clouds Hill/T E Lawrence, details here. We’ll definitely visit there on our Saturday tour around, its open 11.00 to 17.00.

bunnys_sue wrote:
I lived in wincanton for a number of years , and my family are from wincanton, nice area .
As I'm only just down the road maybe I could ride down to bovington with you on the Sunday if you didn't mind ?


Sue – that’s a great idea, we’d love to meet up with you on the Sunday morning. Nearer the time I’ll PM you our hotel and contact details.

_________________
Chris & Jane Jessop
Founders of UKBEG April 1998

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:22 pm
Posts: 132
Current ride: Buell xb12scg
Location: Somerset
CJ wrote:
Sue – that’s a great idea, we’d love to meet up with you on the Sunday morning. Nearer the time I’ll PM you our hotel and contact details.


That's great look forward to it, will try and book the weather now !

_________________
Buell XB12scg cherry bomb red
Ducati streetfighter 848 red


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:36 pm 
Offline
has it got a pulse?
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 3:47 pm
Posts: 2587
Current ride: FUBAR...Enough said!
Location: Reading
FUBAR's MOT booked 0840 26 March........talk about cutting it fine :shock: :ill: First MOT since before Canada in 2009 :cry:

_________________
FUBAR pilot

You only need two bikes in life-an S1 and a Multistrada!


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:42 pm
Posts: 2665
Current ride: M2 Razorback
Location: Mouth of the Port in the Shire of Hamp
Beef wrote:
FUBAR's MOT booked 0840 26 March........talk about cutting it fine :shock: :ill: First MOT since before Canada in 2009 :cry:

SHAME ON YOU, BEEFY! :old:

_________________
'98 M2 Razorback, it's a keeper.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:16 am
Posts: 225
Current ride: Buell XB12
Location: UK
rik wrote:
Beef wrote:
FUBAR's MOT booked 0840 26 March........talk about cutting it fine :shock: :ill: First MOT since before Canada in 2009 :cry:

SHAME ON YOU, BEEFY! :old:


Indeed. :(


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:42 pm
Posts: 2665
Current ride: M2 Razorback
Location: Mouth of the Port in the Shire of Hamp
The prisoner wrote:
rik wrote:
Beef wrote:
FUBAR's MOT booked 0840 26 March........talk about cutting it fine :shock: :ill: First MOT since before Canada in 2009 :cry:

SHAME ON YOU, BEEFY! :old:


Indeed. :(

On reflection, if my Buell had a fairing like Fubar's, I'd hide it away for years too... :ner: :rotfl:

_________________
'98 M2 Razorback, it's a keeper.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:11 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:04 pm
Posts: 3238
Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
Location: West Yorkshire
bunnys_sue wrote:
CJ wrote:
Sue – that’s a great idea, we’d love to meet up with you on the Sunday morning. Nearer the time I’ll PM you our hotel and contact details.


That's great look forward to it, will try and book the weather now !


Sue, you have a PM.

Garry, I'm sure Fubar will pass his MOT. We look forwards to seeing him (and you) again :P......

_________________
Chris & Jane Jessop
Founders of UKBEG April 1998

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:24 pm 
Offline
has it got a pulse?
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 3:47 pm
Posts: 2587
Current ride: FUBAR...Enough said!
Location: Reading
rik wrote:
On reflection, if my Buell had a fairing like Fubar's, I'd hide it away for years too... :ner: :rotfl:


To be fair Rik, as ugly as FUBAR is.....I'd much rather be seen riding her around in public than you :!: lOl lOl lOl ;)

_________________
FUBAR pilot

You only need two bikes in life-an S1 and a Multistrada!


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:42 pm
Posts: 2665
Current ride: M2 Razorback
Location: Mouth of the Port in the Shire of Hamp
Beef wrote:
rik wrote:
On reflection, if my Buell had a fairing like Fubar's, I'd hide it away for years too... :ner: :rotfl:


To be fair Rik, as ugly as FUBAR is.....I'd much rather be seen riding her around in public than you :!: lOl lOl lOl ;)

You couldn't afford to sit on me, let alone ride me lOl

_________________
'98 M2 Razorback, it's a keeper.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:38 pm 
Offline
has it got a pulse?
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 3:47 pm
Posts: 2587
Current ride: FUBAR...Enough said!
Location: Reading
lOl lOl lOl

_________________
FUBAR pilot

You only need two bikes in life-an S1 and a Multistrada!


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:50 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:04 pm
Posts: 3238
Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
Location: West Yorkshire
On Sunday the Tank Museum peeps will reserve an area of the car park for UKBEG motorcycles. Their staff will direct you when you arrive and if possible we'll put our Buell banner up.

The meet starts at 11.00am BST but we'll be there from around 10.30am.

If there's enough interest and the weather isn't too bad we still plan to have a ride out to a local beauty spot in the afternoon. We'll see how it works out on the day.

_________________
Chris & Jane Jessop
Founders of UKBEG April 1998

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk


Top
   
 
 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited