It is currently 19 Apr 2024 02:44

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2015 16:37 

Current ride: 1999 X1
My latest X1 came with a botched up map so I never had the original one that came with the race ECM. I need a new starting point. Front and rear cylinders are wildly different. I'm guessing the addition of the D&D full exhaust and some Red Shift 585 cams prompted the OP to fuck about with it. I put some SE 536 cams in and now have the UK replica of the full race exhaust. So it will by like my previous X1s which ran fanstastic on the Race ECM.

So if anyone has an OEM map for the Race ECM, please let me know. Also, would anyone have a clue if the Race ECM map for the UK might be a little different from the USA? I only ask because of the possible difference in fuel chemistries/ratings at the time. Sound like a strange notion? If it can be dreamed of, chances are someone already did it.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2015 17:03 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
The Race ECM map was the same all over AFAIK. It was designed for use with the Race exhaust and filter.

Are you running standard headers? If so, I may have something more sympathetic to your setup...

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2015 18:07 

Current ride: 1999 X1
pash wrote:
The Race ECM map was the same all over AFAIK. It was designed for use with the Race exhaust and filter.

Are you running standard headers? If so, I may have something more sympathetic to your setup...

Headers by Alan. So, the full system. The rest of the significants are 536 cams and a Forcewinder. OP had the ports polished but not actually ported.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2015 18:12 
proff. patpending

Was confused by the D&D

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2015 01:24 

Current ride: 2000 X1 Lightning
Stuffing up maps seems to be par for the course because I am in the same boat with wildly different front and rear fuel values.
I have the original stock ecm and the racing only one for this 2000 x1.
Currently I have the race header and exhaust with the force air intake on it : although the original stock system is still there taking up space.
The bike had the race setup on it when I come on the scene.
My deceased son loved the bike so much I decided to keep it in memory of him, much to my despair. The bike has been troublesome to say the least.
I have had some success with the last of the free version of ecmspy but
recently updated to ecmspy for mono. That downloaded fine accept that
when choosing the ecm type I think I ballsed up and chose the stock ecm instead, because when I attempt to connect to the bike I am getting this message.

Can anyone please help? Also am I right in thinking improved maps are available through EcmSpy support.
I am still waiting for an answer from admin@ecmspy.com
This might be faster.

Attachments:
EcmSpy Error message.png
EcmSpy Error message.png [ 81.52 KiB | Viewed 1734 times ]

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2015 09:02 
proff. patpending

al_f_au wrote:
Stuffing up maps seems to be par for the course because I am in the same boat with wildly different front and rear fuel values.

So, the front and rear maps are quite different as a result of the interaction between the exhaust primary length and the difference in time between the cylinder firings, so don't get too hung up on that. The correct maps are best ascertained by looking at the output of the engine, whether that be the O2 correction at part throttle (in the closed loop area) or the fuel consumption (in the closed loop area) or the power (in the open loop area).

I have the original stock ecm and the racing only one for this 2000 x1.

Post a pic of the 'Race ECM', does it have the part number and bar code on it? I am only aware of one 'Race ECM' for the X1 (that doesn't mean to say there was not a bespoke type - just never seen it), that used the JA120 firmware IIRC.

al_f_au wrote:
Currently I have the race header and exhaust with the force air intake on it : although the original stock system is still there taking up space.

This is the same setup as mine :sun:

al_f_au wrote:
The bike has been troublesome to say the least.

Just needs love...

al_f_au wrote:
I have had some success with the last of the free version of ecmspy but
recently updated to ecmspy for mono. That downloaded fine accept that
when choosing the ecm type I think I ballsed up and chose the stock ecm instead, because when I attempt to connect to the bike I am getting this message.

This firmware connects as shown below:

The message you received, assuming you are connecting as per the above, suggests:
1. The ignition is not on
2. The kill switch is not set to run
3. The battery is flat
4. The cable is broken
5. The ECM is broken - failure to use a 5V TTL level RS232 cable can break your ECM

al_f_au wrote:
Can anyone please help? Also am I right in thinking improved maps are available through EcmSpy support.

ECMSpy is a tool, not a map resource. Be very careful with maps of unknown pedigree, there are plenty of 'tuners' around that have created potentially dangerous maps...

al_f_au wrote:
I am still waiting for an answer from admin@ecmspy.com

I've not checked my email this morning ;)

al_f_au wrote:
This might be faster.

Maybe, but the same people monitor this forum and the ECMSpy email. Always best to ask here so everyone benefits and everyone can share their experiences. It's da community spirit...

It also takes the load off the ECMSpy management who don't profit and have normal everyday lives...

But as an aside, if the bike does not run well with stock maps (mine is on the stock race ECM), correct static timing and correctly reset TPS, I would be looking for problems elsewhere. No amount of dib-dobbing with the maps can fix mechanical (including fuel quality/intake seal leaks etc.)/electrical (bad earths/corroded connectors) gremlins...

Must dash, breakfast awaits at AV8... :eat:

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015 00:30 

Thank you for your insight.

*This firmware connects as shown below:- Your right it does connect that way, thanx again, guess I was fooled by the factory race option to connect .

No Pic but it is
ECM RACE KIT S3/X1
91437-99Y as shown on the box in front of me plus EcmSpy displayed BUEIA112

* No amount of dib-dobbing
Like you I am planning potential fixes for the Idol...scroll down to the last few posts
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17004&start=15
Did it work ?
Cheers.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015 03:58 

Perhaps my spelling is more appropriate. See 4,5,6.

Idol :- noun
1. an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.
2. Bible. a.an image of a deity other than God.
b. the deity itself.
3. any person or thing regarded with blind admiration, adoration, or devotion:
Madame Curie had been her childhood idol.
4. a mere image or semblance of something, visible but without substance, as a phantom.
5. a figment of the mind; fantasy.
6. a false conception or notion; fallacy.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015 14:27 
proff. patpending

al_f_au wrote:
* No amount of dib-dobbing
Like you I am planning potential fixes for the Idol...scroll down to the last few posts
http://ukbeg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 4&start=15
Did it work ?

It's certainly better, the problem is that you can only really test it once a day when the engine is cold. I wouldn't say I am 100% happy with it, maybe 95%, so there is still a little more work to do, I'll be playing with fuel correction too once I get time.

If you PM me your email, I'll ping you what I am using (you will need to do a TPS reset).

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015 00:23 

Pm sent thank you very much.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2015 06:32 

http://www.indigenousaustralia.info/culture.html