It is currently 29 Mar 2024 02:34

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2015 08:07 

Current ride: 2003 XB9S
I'm in Horsham.

Seems there's a few more Buell owners in the area these days but I've never met one yet. I'm often up at Whiteways (just north of Arundel) on a Saturday morning if it's dry, and sometimes do a lunchtime run in the week if the weather is too good not to get out on the bike.

I'm annoyed with myself for missing Rik's post about meeting up last Thursday at Whiteways. I didn't even realise that Whiteways stayed open late on Thursdays (and Fridays).

Perhaps another meet up at Whiteways on a Thursday evening ?

Steve

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 164.67 KiB | Viewed 1102 times ]
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2015 20:49 

Current ride: xb9r
Dave from Scotland wrote:
Hi FB,

I'm in Havant (a bit even norther of Potrsmouh than Banjo or Jill).

That is a fine looking XB - and I do own a XB9R myself.

One word of warning - do remomve those reflectors from the front fork legs "now" not "later".

Dave

Hi Dave, haha, are the reflectors an absolute no no then? Never even gave them a second thought. :-(

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2015 20:52 

DNZ wrote:
I'm in Horsham.

Seems there's a few more Buell owners in the area these days but I've never met one yet. I'm often up at Whiteways (just north of Arundel) on a Saturday morning if it's dry, and sometimes do a lunchtime run in the week if the weather is too good not to get out on the bike.

I'm annoyed with myself for missing Rik's post about meeting up last Thursday at Whiteways. I didn't even realise that Whiteways stayed open late on Thursdays (and Fridays).

Perhaps another meet up at Whiteways on a Thursday evening ?

Steve

Hi, I've not been out on mine for a while, my nephew has just bought a xb9s aswell, as soon as I get mine running right we will def have to meet up :-)

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2015 00:04 

Current ride: XB12s
never been to Whiteways but it's just down the road from where i work, (pulborough). Mebbe once I get back on the road i'd be up for that

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2015 00:22 

Current ride: XB9R
Firebolt52 wrote:
Hi FB,

One word of warning - do remomve those reflectors from the front fork legs "now" not "later".

Dave

Hi Dave, haha, are the reflectors an absolute no no then? Never even gave them a second thought. :-(

FB 52,

Removing the reflectors is not just an asthetic thing - it has nothing to do with how the bike looks. In the early models, the reflectors were held on with foam pads. These pads would hold moisture and progressively rot the fork stantions.

Eventually, the stantions would "burst out" because of the corrosion (that you can never see happening because it it behind the reflectors).

I have pics of my forks "exploding" around the reflectors - HD were kind enough to replace them free of charge (even though we were outside of warranty) but please remove them ASAP.

Dave

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2015 09:47 

Current ride: 2001 X1, EBR 1190SX
Hello and welcome. :yup:

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2015 23:07 

Firebolt52 wrote:
Hi FB,

Dave

FB 52,

Removing the reflectors is not just an asthetic thing - it has nothing to do with how the bike looks. In the early models, the reflectors were held on with foam pads. These pads would hold moisture and progressively rot the fork stantions.

Eventually, the stantions would "burst out" because of the corrosion (that you can never see happening because it it behind the reflectors).

I have pics of my forks "exploding" around the reflectors - HD were kind enough to replace them free of charge (even though we were outside of warranty) but please remove them ASAP.

Dave

Well I didn't know that, I'm on it, cheers for the info Dave.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2015 21:16 

Current ride: 07-XB12X, 98-S1
So who is up for a whiteways meet at the weekend????

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2015 22:56 

Current ride: XB12s
If I had a running bike and no kids I'd be there.

Sadly every bike I own is looking rather sorry for itself and it's a daddy weekend in any case.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2015 22:18 
Hi to all. I'm near Billingshurst so if anyone is going out count me in! Not too new on here but have been too busy riding.

Attachments:
11391534_10153931381349348_7302388733810061370_n.jpg
11391534_10153931381349348_7302388733810061370_n.jpg [ 134.6 KiB | Viewed 942 times ]

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2016 20:13 
Hi and welcome!

I'm on the West Sussex boarder Near Gatwick. New Buell owner and so new to here and a bit late to the party.

However Visit the south coast regularly.... And plan to be out a lot when it gets a bit dryer.....

So if you have a ride out I'm sure me and my 1125R will love to tag along.

Ellz