It is currently 28 Mar 2024 08:42

All times are UTC

Post subject: Passenger foot pegs.
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 11:13 

Current ride: xb12ss
As I'm stuck on a ship for a month I have been looking into what I can do to my new XB12Ss when I get home. And have decide to remove the pax foot pegs.

Does anyone know the allen key size needed to remove them as I am going to borrow one from work and remove them on my leave?

I also want a tail tidy but not spending THAT much, might make one myself.

Cheers guys,,

Post subject: Re: Passenger foot pegs.
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 12:09 

Current ride: Xb12Scg
5/16" A/F, although an 8mm is just as good a fit as i tried that also

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 16:09 

Current ride: M2 Razorback
2Tall wrote:
As I'm stuck on a ship for a month I have been looking into what I can do to my new XB12Ss when I get home. And have decide to remove the pax foot pegs.

Does anyone know the allen key size needed to remove them as I am going to borrow one from work and remove them on my leave?

I also want a tail tidy but not spending THAT much, might make one myself.

Cheers guys,,

Go buy yourself a set... you've got a Buell now :lol:

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2009 10:28 

You get good tools at Halfords - their Pro set. I got a 150 piece set for £100. They are lifetime warrantied.

You get ratchet spanners, many sockets (included AF - you're going to need those for your Buell), torx bits (again - a lot of fasteners on the Buells are torx heads), those funny sockets that grip the sides of bolts for ones with rounded heads too. (can't remeber the name - Weisel or something funny like that). Oh yeah, it has universal joints and spark plug sockets too. You'll need them for doing the plugs on an XB.

If you look at the tools as a lifetime investment, they're not expensive - allowed me to do a lot of work on my bikes and cars I wouldn't have been able to do before, and saved the money.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2009 15:10 

yourguitarhero wrote:
You get good tools at Halfords - their Pro set. I got a 150 piece set for £100. They are lifetime warrantied.

You get ratchet spanners, many sockets (included AF - you're going to need those for your Buell), torx bits (again - a lot of fasteners on the Buells are torx heads), those funny sockets that grip the sides of bolts for ones with rounded heads too. (can't remeber the name - Weisel or something funny like that). Oh yeah, it has universal joints and spark plug sockets too. You'll need them for doing the plugs on an XB.

If you look at the tools as a lifetime investment, they're not expensive - allowed me to do a lot of work on my bikes and cars I wouldn't have been able to do before, and saved the money.

Halfords Pro stuff is excellent quality - except for their Allen keys. The best I've come across are Snap On and Facom. These are an investment :)
Ask for a Halfords Trade card, on some stuff you'll get upto 50% discount 8-) iirc on spanners and stuff, it's about 25% disc.
Any tools that aren't in the Pro range, avoid like the plague ;)

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2009 15:30 

I can also vouch for the Halfords pro stuff, and you do get around 20-25% off spanners with one of their trade cards. Should be easy enough to get hold of one. They told me I needed a trade qualification. I said I had a C&G part 1 in Boatbuilding and the guy said "that's fine". :D

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2009 15:38 

Pete wrote:
I can also vouch for the Halfords pro stuff, and you do get around 20-25% off spanners with one of their trade cards. Should be easy enough to get hold of one. They told me I needed a trade qualification. I said I had a C&G part 1 in Boatbuilding and the guy said "that's fine". :D

The bloke behind the counter asked me if I'd like one (fnar, fnar :roll: ) :D so I don't think they're too hard to come by. Try telling them you own a Buell and you'll defo get one :lol:

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2009 05:51 

Current ride: xb12ss
Thanks guys, :yup:

Me thinks a trip to halford is in order when I get back as I plan on doing a few more stuff to the bike.