Last visit was: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:49 am It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:49 am

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Passenger foot pegs.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 8:21 pm
Posts: 11
Current ride: xb12ss
Location: Dunfermline
As I'm stuck on a ship for a month I have been looking into what I can do to my new XB12Ss when I get home. And have decide to remove the pax foot pegs.

Does anyone know the allen key size needed to remove them as I am going to borrow one from work and remove them on my leave?

I also want a tail tidy but not spending THAT much, might make one myself.

Cheers guys,,

_________________
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with buell


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Passenger foot pegs.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 3:13 pm
Posts: 1317
Location: Plymouth
5/16" A/F, although an 8mm is just as good a fit as i tried that also

_________________
My Smugmug Photos


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Passenger foot pegs.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:42 pm
Posts: 2665
Current ride: M2 Razorback
Location: Mouth of the Port in the Shire of Hamp
2Tall wrote:
As I'm stuck on a ship for a month I have been looking into what I can do to my new XB12Ss when I get home. And have decide to remove the pax foot pegs.

Does anyone know the allen key size needed to remove them as I am going to borrow one from work and remove them on my leave?

I also want a tail tidy but not spending THAT much, might make one myself.

Cheers guys,,



Go buy yourself a set... you've got a Buell now :lol:

_________________
'98 M2 Razorback, it's a keeper.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Passenger foot pegs.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:54 pm
Posts: 788
Location: Edinburgh
You get good tools at Halfords - their Pro set. I got a 150 piece set for £100. They are lifetime warrantied.

You get ratchet spanners, many sockets (included AF - you're going to need those for your Buell), torx bits (again - a lot of fasteners on the Buells are torx heads), those funny sockets that grip the sides of bolts for ones with rounded heads too. (can't remeber the name - Weisel or something funny like that). Oh yeah, it has universal joints and spark plug sockets too. You'll need them for doing the plugs on an XB.

If you look at the tools as a lifetime investment, they're not expensive - allowed me to do a lot of work on my bikes and cars I wouldn't have been able to do before, and saved the money.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Passenger foot pegs.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:10 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:25 pm
Posts: 11480
Location: Oswestry
yourguitarhero wrote:
You get good tools at Halfords - their Pro set. I got a 150 piece set for £100. They are lifetime warrantied.

You get ratchet spanners, many sockets (included AF - you're going to need those for your Buell), torx bits (again - a lot of fasteners on the Buells are torx heads), those funny sockets that grip the sides of bolts for ones with rounded heads too. (can't remeber the name - Weisel or something funny like that). Oh yeah, it has universal joints and spark plug sockets too. You'll need them for doing the plugs on an XB.

If you look at the tools as a lifetime investment, they're not expensive - allowed me to do a lot of work on my bikes and cars I wouldn't have been able to do before, and saved the money.



Halfords Pro stuff is excellent quality - except for their Allen keys. The best I've come across are Snap On and Facom. These are an investment :)
Ask for a Halfords Trade card, on some stuff you'll get upto 50% discount 8-) iirc on spanners and stuff, it's about 25% disc.
Any tools that aren't in the Pro range, avoid like the plague ;)

_________________
If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Passenger foot pegs.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 103
Location: Southampton
I can also vouch for the Halfords pro stuff, and you do get around 20-25% off spanners with one of their trade cards. Should be easy enough to get hold of one. They told me I needed a trade qualification. I said I had a C&G part 1 in Boatbuilding and the guy said "that's fine". :D


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Passenger foot pegs.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:38 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:25 pm
Posts: 11480
Location: Oswestry
Pete wrote:
I can also vouch for the Halfords pro stuff, and you do get around 20-25% off spanners with one of their trade cards. Should be easy enough to get hold of one. They told me I needed a trade qualification. I said I had a C&G part 1 in Boatbuilding and the guy said "that's fine". :D



The bloke behind the counter asked me if I'd like one (fnar, fnar :roll: ) :D so I don't think they're too hard to come by. Try telling them you own a Buell and you'll defo get one :lol:

_________________
If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Passenger foot pegs.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 8:21 pm
Posts: 11
Current ride: xb12ss
Location: Dunfermline
Thanks guys, :yup:

Me thinks a trip to halford is in order when I get back as I plan on doing a few more stuff to the bike.

_________________
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with buell


Top
   
 
 [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited