Last visit was: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:24 am It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:58 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Bath Posh bit of Somerset Avon :)
As discussed with Pash

The fiddly job of filling the transmission oil can be a bit easier with the following :

Fits on to the Standard Formula 1 QT+ bottle thread.

Image

I used the red one with the removeable black nozzel end or one of the mini watering can ones with the end cut off.

Job done, no mess and easy to use just squeeze and go.

Mooby 77

_________________
For a brief shining moment there was camelot


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:34 pm
Posts: 0
Location: cheshire
Hey Pash

Thanks for this tip, I bought a 1 year old 1203 ss this week with 2k on it, I guess I better sort the oils PDQ. Why do they never volunteer this info at the dealerships!!


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:34 pm
Posts: 5
Current ride: xb15r
Location: Derby, UK
Pash,

Another great 'user guide' thanks.

One item to add?
Engine oil is checked with the dipstick 'screwed in' or just resting on the filler hole.

I thought I'd mention it because I recall the question being asked before.

Thanks for this and your other guides.

Trev


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:26 am 
Offline
proff. patpending
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 14106
Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Location: Bristol - Gateway to all things good
mooby77 wrote:
As discussed with Pash

The fiddly job of filling the transmission oil can be a bit easier with the following :

Fits on to the Standard Formula 1 QT+ bottle thread.

Image

I used the red one with the removeable black nozzel end or one of the mini watering can ones with the end cut off.

Job done, no mess and easy to use just squeeze and go.

Mooby 77


Added. Thanks!

The P&P is a bit much, would like to find somewhere local that sells them...

wobblers wrote:
Hey Pash

Thanks for this tip, I bought a 1 year old 1203 ss this week with 2k on it, I guess I better sort the oils PDQ. Why do they never volunteer this info at the dealerships!!


Well, your bike will have been serviced at 1000 miles. If you follow the concensus that it needs doing every 2500 miles, you have a few to go yet...

Trev wrote:
Pash,

Another great 'user guide' thanks.

One item to add?
Engine oil is checked with the dipstick 'screwed in' or just resting on the filler hole.

I thought I'd mention it because I recall the question being asked before.

Thanks for this and your other guides.

Trev


Thanks for the comments.

If you use the marks on the dipstick as intended, you measure with it screwed in.

I have updated the post to reflect this...

Cheers

Nick

_________________
08 Specialized Langster


Top
   
 
 [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited