It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:12

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2019 21:24 

Current ride: XB9SX
Got me worried now......l’ll have a look see on mine! :?

My car has one........and the rubber cap was off. I know this because my neighbour spotted the cap lying nearby on the inlet ducting. :roll:

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2019 22:05 

Current ride: The wife
edd wrote:
Got me worried now......l’ll have a look see on mine!?

After 9 years... I wouldn't fuckin bother ;)

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2019 22:57 

Finmows wrote:
edd wrote:
Got me worried now......l’ll have a look see on mine!?

After 9 years... I wouldn't fuckin bother ;)

lOl

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2020 22:49 

I actually got round to inspecting the rubber pip this morning having decided to make the most of the weather and ride the XB for the first time this year! It was a bit of a shock to realise that the previous outing was to the MOT last October! :shock:

I tried to look for the pip last night, but couldn’t see very well under artificial light so l completed with pre-flight checks this morning. No there was no pip, because it looks like someone had already fixed it with rubber tube and a bolt as pash suggested. I didn’t do it, so it must have been during the motor rebuild 5 years ago. Thanks Maz! Maybe you mentioned it, but l forgot. :?

You see Maz works his magic even when you don’t notice, but l would probably have noticed had my XB not been running so well since. ;)

It was good to be out today despite being a bit cold. Short bursts of speed by acceleration were the order of play. There were a few others out on bikes, eagerly exchanging nods of recognition. We bikers are naturally self isolating. We have rubber soles on our boots! lOl

As l played tunes on the throttle and revelled in the Buell bark, l experienced some sense of defiance in the face of the corona invasion. Like Independence Day; “......we will not go quietly into the night!.....”. Not if l can get on my Buell that is. lOl

Just to temper my enthusiasm there was one significant glitch. The battery is now definitely on it’s last legs despite trickle charging. The starter would go clickers click a few times and only just squeezed the pots into life twice and would probably have failed a third time so my next stop was home! :roll: