It is currently 24 Apr 2024 15:35

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010 13:30 

hi is there any info on buying which module for my xb9,and will work best and prices and also where to buy one from,ie info on wireing diagrams.....many thanks people...my text dont sound right but i,m puddled with this bloody efi .. :askmaz:

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010 13:53 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Two things to think about:

1. How to mount the carb
2. How to integrate the igntion

For mounting the carb on an XB, assuming you are using an XB frame, you will need a downdraught arrangement, i.e. you cannot copy a tuber cos the frame spar is in the way. Gunter sent me an article about a German chap that had added two carbs to his XB9 (along with other things).

For the ignition, you would probably be best to use an S1/M2 ignition system. This will need a different timing cup for the Cam Positioning Sensor and I am not sure that an S1/M2 cam positioning sensor will fit the XB cams.

That said, these are the things I would be looking at, and I have not done the job myself. Maybe a look on BadWeb might help.

Whichever way you go, let us know how you get one, other people may want to learn from your experiences...

What is wrong with the EFI?

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010 15:26 

When I built a Yam TR1 motor into a home brewed frame, I plonked a twin choke Webber on it. It was worse than the original twin Hitachi carbs :roll:

Yet another dismal failure (and there have been many lOl ) in my motorcycling career lOl

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010 15:58 

A lot of work and expense for uncertain results.

I think it might be better to sort the EFI.
Whether you wish to get it done, or get the kit to learn & broddle about yerself.

By nature, I am a carb man, but I have an open mind & have bought the kit to do it myself & when the time comes I will start out on my learning curve.
I have checked out with ECMSpy & I didn't have any errors showing.
I then saved the existing settings.

Without wishing to curse myself, I haven't had an issue with EFI & 3 of my bikes now have it. ;)

Nige. 8-)

Arrival is the byproduct of the purpose.

BallacrainesCorner

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010 16:20 

pash wrote:
Two things to think about:

1. How to mount the carb
2. How to integrate the igntion

For mounting the carb on an XB, assuming you are using an XB frame, you will need a downdraught arrangement, i.e. you cannot copy a tuber cos the frame spar is in the way. Gunter sent me an article about a German chap that had added two carbs to his XB9 (along with other things).

For the ignition, you would probably be best to use an S1/M2 ignition system. This will need a different timing cup for the Cam Positioning Sensor and I am not sure that an S1/M2 cam positioning sensor will fit the XB cams.

That said, these are the things I would be looking at, and I have not done the job myself. Maybe a look on BadWeb might help.

Whichever way you go, let us know how you get one, other people may want to learn from your experiences...

What is wrong with the EFI?