It is currently 20 Apr 2024 09:26

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2009 22:15 

i cant offer any advice on this TFI unit as i dont even own a buell as yet :(

i can how ever give you this to read "www.more-power.info" it will tell you all you need to know on the basics of tuning.

jon :)

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009 12:03 
Thanks "jonny hebert", I'm not looking to tune my bike like that just get the best out of her. The exhaust section was interesting. Thanks for the post it also answered another question I had but not asked on here.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 17:03 
I've now decided to go for a tfi unit of some sort. Short list is Powerizer or Free Spirits. I know the FS one can be adjusted but is there a preference to anyone of these two for best performance?

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 17:32 

Ask Matt....

I seem to remember him telling me that the best set-up on their race bike came with the standard ecm plus the powerizer. I may be talking complete bollocks though - i've been to bed since then.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 22:07 

Current ride: Cagiva Raptor 650
The problem is no two bikes are the same.
Every engine in every bike or car is different even in Formula 1 when the tolerences are much tighter than anywhere else they can build two identical cars i.e. a race car and a spare car and they will still drive completely different.
If it's ultimate power you're looking for get a big bore kit and different cams.
A different exhaust and air filter are never going to give you much more power it will just let the engine breath better.
Was the bike really that bad standard?
Did you use the bike standard for long?
I seem to remember me and others giving you advice before you bought the bike to ride it first before you decide on what you want to do with it.
To me having a bike that feels right rather than ultimate power.
Buells are not about having ultimate power IMHO they are about going around corners.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 08:18 

Current ride: CB1300, Z750, R1200
Would be a good idea IMO to do a dyno run in bone stock, otherwise you'll never find out if or if not any changes would help rising power. A lot of third party equipment is indeed losing power in low rev, but the gradient is steeper then, which *feels* like more power at first, but in direct comparison this shows as a misjudgement.

http://www.xborgforum.de/forum/album_pi ... ic_id=8967

Most people will tell you the blue line (dotted line shows torque) will have more power, but if it comes to a twisty road, the red line will not only be easier to ride, but also be faster (this dyno sheet in fact shows only the results of AFV calibration).

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 19:07 

ph4824 wrote:
Thanks "jonny hebert", I'm not looking to tune my bike like that just get the best out of her. The exhaust section was interesting. Thanks for the post it also answered another question I had but not asked on here.

i didnt send you to that site in the pretence of tuning the nuts off your bike, i sent you there because in the earlyer pages it seemed to me you had a lack of knowledge on the basics of tuning (yes an after market zorst is still tuning).

what your after is just to release the power thats already there but been held back for either emissions or mpg reasons, and in doing this hopefully get a nice crisp throttle response.

i know from looking that there are many people on here who could and already have given you advice on what setup has worked for them, but its then upto you to listen.

if i were you i would take that zorst off till you have the money to get a unit and a decent air filter to complete the cycle, once you have all three go and get it set up properly on the dyno.

jon :)

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 19:25 
Thanks again jonny hebert

Hi norrie

If it's ultimate power you're looking for get a big bore kit and different cams.
Not after ultimate power, just want to release what's already there.

Was the bike really that bad standard?
No, actually it was alot of fun running it in. But I had it in my head to upgrade the exhaust from the beginning and have asked alot of questions since - only to make my own mind up after reeding all the feedback I received.

Did you use the bike standard for long?
About 900 miles

Buells are not about having ultimate power IMHO they are about going around corners.
I agree

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 19:27 
gunter wrote:
Would be a good idea IMO to do a dyno run in bone stock, otherwise you'll never find out if or if not any changes would help rising power. A lot of third party equipment is indeed losing power in low rev, but the gradient is steeper then, which *feels* like more power at first, but in direct comparison this shows as a misjudgement.

http://www.xborgforum.de/forum/album_pi ... ic_id=8967

Most people will tell you the blue line (dotted line shows torque) will have more power, but if it comes to a twisty road, the red line will not only be easier to ride, but also be faster (this dyno sheet in fact shows only the results of AFV calibration).

I'm not going back to stock now, I like the sound of my exhaust as it is. Not sure if a Dyno would help on my bike. What could possibly be changed on a 2008/09 Buell as ECMSpy does not work on it?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 19:34 
I fitted a borrowed Powerizer and Pipercross filter and been riding alot today. TBH didn't notice much from the powerizer, but it takes a while for it to adjust, then I fitted the air filter afterwards and that was the biggest immediate change I noticed. With both fitted the bike is more responsive and the flatspot from 4K seems to have disappeared. It revs much easier to 5K now, even revved it to 6K just to see! The biggest torque from my bike is between 3-4K. Have to decide between Powerizer and FS tfi but that requires a Dyno for best setup. No one including (Trojen) has given me a definitive answer between the two on sale. If the FS + Dyno was noticeably faster then I would go with that cause I want the best of what's available rather than settling for 2nd best.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 20:17 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
What happens if you disconnect the Powerizer? Is there a 200 pound difference?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 20:27 
pash wrote:

:worthy:

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 20:32 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
THE FLYING DUCHMAN wrote:
pash wrote:

:worthy:

ph3824 wrote:
TBH didn't notice much from the powerizer, but it takes a while for it to adjust,

Just interested... If it makes no difference, save your money...

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 22:29 
pash wrote:

Did cross my mind, you don't seem keen on these add ons do you? and no the difference is not worth £200 but very little that we pay to upgrade our bikes is worth the money? I will disconnect powerizer before I give it back and see if there's any difference.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 22:36 

ph4824 wrote:
I will disconnect powerizer before I give it back

Probably for the best :D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next