It is currently 28 Apr 2024 03:28

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 14:01 
I have a TFI on an 04 XB12, it is certainly not plug 'N' play because it is manually adjustable.
Having said that it may be different to the 08 version, but if it is the same then you can set it up as the instructions say but then it should be set up on the dyno to get the best out of it. ;)

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 17:29 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Can you adjust F+R independently?

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 19:55 
I have just checked the free spirits version, it is different to mine, on mine you can't adjust F&R seperatley and it looks like the new 08 version is the same.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 20:07 
Mat at Trojen told me I could buy either the Remus Powerizer or the Free Spirits TFi unit. Powerizer is plug n play whereas the FS one has a few maps to get you going but can be adjusted on a dyno. why is it important Pash to adjust the F + R separately? Surely they will need equal fueling?

Incidently, I had an offer of a powerizer the other day to try out! Said no becausae he said it takes about an hour to fit. Thats 3hrs then! Take his off, fit on mine, take off mine! Didn't see the point for a few days trial BUT I fear I've missed an oportunity! Blackbird who offered it said it does make a difference but couldn't be more specific? I guess it makes the throttle alittle more lively! When he's back I ask him if he will swap bikes, he has same bike as me with stock headers and remus can.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 20:14 

I don't want to depress you ph, but Paul1433's bike (an '08 or '09, can't remember!) seemed to go just fine on the way to Belgium, and that's on stock headers with a Stealth can. Sounded fit too!

Mind you, he's apparently broken several Remus cans and 1 Stealth :shock:

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 20:45 
proff. patpending

ph4824 wrote:
Mat at Trojen told me I could buy either the Remus Powerizer or the Free Spirits TFi unit. Powerizer is plug n play whereas the FS one has a few maps to get you going but can be adjusted on a dyno. why is it important Pash to adjust the F + R separately? Surely they will need equal fueling?

Repeat after me, Trojan... Trojan... Trojan... Trojan... Trojan... Trojan... Trojan...

Important for front and rear cos the header lengths are now different to stock which means the front to rear fuelling ratio has changed. Unless you can address them seperately, I dont think you will get what you want.

If you buy one off Trojan, and it doesn't do what you want, will he take it back?

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 21:29 
Trojan... Trojan... Trojan... Trojan... Trojan... Trojan...

Yeah I hear what you're saying Pash but I'm not the first to buy this exhaust system and no one seems to have mentioned a flat spot before. Could it be that no ones noticed it? It's not hugely noticeable but it lacks the tear your arms off after 4000rpm. Between 3-4000rpm it's great! Or is trojans advertising about more speed etc aloud of bull - which would be false advertisement. I've been told also that most Harley Owners and similar bikes when changing the exhausts will have to mod their jetting and air filter as part of doing the whole job properly.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 21:33 
Bungle wrote:
I don't want to depress you ph, but Paul1433's bike (an '08 or '09, can't remember!) seemed to go just fine on the way to Belgium, and that's on stock headers with a Stealth can. Sounded fit too!

Mind you, he's apparently broken several Remus cans and 1 Stealth :shock:

I don't think there's anything wrong with my bike, it's just detuned! I'm convinced now that bigger headers on 09 Buells need to upgrade their fuell and air via remapping and air filter which I have not yet done.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 21:46 

ph4824 wrote:
I've been told also that most Harley Owners...

Never ride in the wet, worry about insignificant blemishes, persecution complex and now aligning yourself with Harley owners... maybe you should have turned left rather than right when you walked into the showroom.

ph4824 wrote:
Could it be that no ones noticed it?

Do you think that you are the only one who is sensitive enough to notice that the bike doesn't tear your arms off after 4k rpm. I suppose you are the one who thinks there's nothing wrong with their bike, even though you think it's been detuned.

Really, what do you want? You say yourself that no-one else has reported the flat spot that you are beating yourself up about. You are now looking for feedback on an FS TFI unit which, again, you say yourself that no-one else has needed.

I do wish I was a fly on the wall listening to your call to Matt, though. :rofl:

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2009 07:48 

ph4824, I don't know you, but you do seem to make quite a stir with your posts and I think that's good in many respects.

Forgive me for saying this though, and I really don't mean to be nasty. But I get a feeling from reading between the lines that you might just have actually bought the wrong bike. Good luck.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2009 08:32 

Current ride: Mojo
03 wrote:
ph4824, I don't know you, but you do seem to make quite a stir with your posts and I think that's good in many respects.

I think this is good as well. It will be particularly good for futures buyers to know what works and what doesn't and potentially what you need to do to make it work. It strikes me that the problem ph seems to be having is not completely dissimilar to other peoples experiences with 08 bikes. I thought initially the solution was somewhere between the headers and throttle bodies? As Trojan is a forum member I think it would do his reputation good to come forward at this stage and offer assistance and advice to rectify ph problems.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2009 10:01 
03 wrote:
.....that you might just have actually bought the wrong bike....

wise words

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2009 11:55 

Spook wrote:
03 wrote:
.....that you might just have actually bought the wrong bike....

wise words

Wise words indeed, and kinda what I was suggesting / coming to. 8-)

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2009 12:44 

I don't mean to be disrespectful of the poster, he/she has invested a fair amount of cash in this experience so deserves better than that. But, it won't be the first time somebody bought the wrong bike. And it won't be the last.

I bitterly regretted buying a Jeep 60th Anniversary edition once for a lot more than the cost of an XB only to find out it was a complete, utter POS and the (second) worst purchase of my life.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2009 13:07 
proff. patpending

Not necessarily bought the wrong bike, but maybe had false expectations of the effects of improvements...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next