It is currently 27 Apr 2024 19:47

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 17:27 
pash wrote:
Has Spondon440 got a TFI? Might be worth hooking up with him to see what the difference is before and after.

In the process of chatting via PM. He says when he fitted same exhaust he noticed big difference, so I think hearing exhaust blow = less performance. Man that means dropping the engine again :headbang:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 17:34 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Can you feel it blowing? And where is is blowing from?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 17:53 
pash wrote:
Can you feel it blowing? And where is is blowing from?

Simple answer duno? Been riding it til I've had enough then it's been too hot to check. Tried yesterday, not noticeable on tickover only when I'm tanking it 4000rpm and higher. I'm getting Mitch to take a look to see if I'm talking rot and got it all wrong and will let you know?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 21:58 
Prob just me thinking out loud but why didn't you just buy a CR with the highbar conversion if you wanted performance rather than buying an XB then throwing cash at it to make it "perform"?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 22:22 

Current ride: Xb12Scg
well having seen the bike, and ridden it now, its definitely not blowing, it just sounds like that at certain rpm/throttle openings. there is definitely some hesitation around 4-5000 rpm, it feel worse if trying to accelerate from just below 4000, if from lower rpm and with hard acceleration, the hesitation is still there but not quite so bad.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 22:36 

Current ride: 2000 M2
Mitch wrote:
well having seen the bike, and ridden it now, its definitely not blowing, it just sounds like that at certain rpm/throttle openings. there is definitely some hesitation around 4-5000 rpm, it feel worse if trying to accelerate from just below 4000, if from lower rpm and with hard acceleration, the hesitation is still there but not quite so bad.

yep,i dont think you will get rid of it without a remap.
and no i cant..........................................yet :sad1:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 22:50 
proff. patpending

Tubbster, I will show you how to do pre-08 stuff whenever you want. The post-08 stuff is beyond the tools available at the moment.

The fuelling needs to be able to be changed in F anf R independently, ideally with lambda sensors in the front and rear, however there are ways around this.

I am quite happy to assist with Power Commander integration with the ECM (including post 08 models) and instrumentation integration with the dyno.

Just give me the nod.... ;)

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 23:10 

Mr Tubbs, Im curious as to whether you ever fitted one of your modified stock cans on an 08 model & if so what the results were? :sun:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 23:19 

Big Ted wrote:
Mr Tubbs, Im curious as to whether you ever fitted one of your modified stock cans on an 08 model & if so what the results were? :sun:
on the new type buells i do sod all apart from k&n filter a can mod and all seems to run fine :?:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 23:22 

pash wrote:
Tubbster, I will show you how to do pre-08 stuff whenever you want. The post-08 stuff is beyond the tools available at the moment.

The fuelling needs to be able to be changed in F anf R independently, ideally with lambda sensors in the front and rear, however there are ways around this.

I am quite happy to assist with Power Commander integration with the ECM (including post 08 models) and instrumentation integration with the dyno.

Just give me the nod.... ;)
that would be fine, need to see if we can set up on system in dyno room as it would make life easer.
is anything out there for 08 on buells that you know of yet :?:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 23:33 

tubbs wrote:
Big Ted wrote:
on the new type buells i do sod all apart from k&n filter a can mod and all seems to run fine :?:

Am i right thinking after you've done your mod the flap is operating as before?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 23:40 
Site Admin

:lol: :lol: :lol:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 23:47 
flap's always work 08 bikes :D

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2009 06:13 
proff. patpending

tubbs wrote:
that would be fine, need to see if we can set up on system in dyno room as it would make life easer.
is anything out there for 08 on buells that you know of yet :?:

Well, there is an ECMSpy hack, however I would not have too much confidence in it and besides it goes against the grain of ECMSpy itself.

I would be happier to use a Power Commander (there must be a way of getting a "generic" unit to work with the Buell engine), or better still, TWO Power Commanders, as you will want to adjust fuelling in the front cylinder in closed loop and fuelling in the front and rear cylinders in open loop.

On another note, Kev has given me his dented headers which I will cut the dent out of and repair with a sheet of stainless. I will then weld some lambda sensor bosses on like on my pipe, as I am confident we can get more performance out of the stock setup, or indeed your can design.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2009 07:15 

Snag with a "piggy back box" you can't take any fuel away, only add it :?: Don't know if that's a limitation or not on what you can acheive :?:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next