It is currently 28 Mar 2024 13:42

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 10:10 
Adrenalin Moto recommend me buying "Free Spirits TFi unit for 2008" to go with my Free Spirits 404 + RS-402 45mm Equal Length Header Pipes to improve performance as not much as been noticed so far. That said I think the exhaust is blowing somewhere causing the lack of performance. Anyway, I'm just wondering if buying this TFI unit is worth it and will I notice much difference once the blowing has been fixed?

Recommend or not?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 10:53 

Current ride: Mojo
ph4824 wrote:
Adrenalin Moto recommend me buying "Free Spirits TFi unit for 2008" to go with my Free Spirits 404 + RS-402 45mm Equal Length Header Pipes to improve performance as not much as been noticed so far. That said I think the exhaust is blowing somewhere causing the lack of performance. Anyway, I'm just wondering if buying this TFI unit is worth it and will I notice much difference once the blowing has been fixed?

Recommend or not?

Can't see any of the above making more than a marginal difference. If you really want it to be quicker I would look into turbo/supercharger and Nitrous, and start listening to the AWB.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 10:58 
ph4824 wrote:

Recommend or not?

Haven't you just bought this? Why did you buy a blowing exhaust and what numpty fitted it?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 11:06 

Current ride: Mojo
Spook wrote:
ph4824 wrote:

Recommend or not?

Haven't you just bought this? Why did you buy a blowing exhaust and what numpty fitted it?

It wouldn't surprise me if he's fitted it the wrong way around and has got the exhaust exiting from the front! :lol:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 11:17 
Schoolboy error.

What makes me laugh is how much time and how many questions did ph4824 spend on this exhaust and he's still not happy :shock:

Should have bought an 07 bike :twisted:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 11:31 

Spook wrote:
What makes me laugh is...

The Two Ronnies, Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, H2G2, Peter Kay...

This chap, though, I never know whether to :o or :cry: or :headbang: .

He thinks his exhaust is blowing so, rather than sort that, he is wanting to throw (waste) more money at his bike.

:ffs:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 11:41 
Norm wrote:
Spook wrote:
What makes me laugh is...

The Two Ronnies, Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, H2G2, Peter Kay...

This chap, though, I never know whether to :o or :cry: or :headbang: .

He thinks his exhaust is blowing so, rather than sort that, he is wanting to throw (waste) more money at his bike.

:ffs:

:yt:

He'll be selling it next.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 14:12 
Quote:
He thinks his exhaust is blowing so, rather than sort that, he is wanting to throw (waste) more money at his bike. :ffs:

So do I :headbang:.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 14:27 
So I take it that none of you guys has first hand experience with my exhaust system and a tfi unit or just the tfi unit on it's own on the newer XB12 models to be able to offer any good advice then? Thought not!!

For anyone else who can positively contribute in helping me and others im all ears, as I just want a second opinion.

Last edited by ph4824 on 01 Jun 2009 14:49, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 14:46 
Why don't you ride your bike for a week or so, let the exhaust settle, tighten the whole thing up and then see if it's still blowing. How many miles have.....................................

bollox I can't be bothered.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 14:58 
Spook wrote:
Why don't you ride your bike for a week or so, let the exhaust settle, tighten the whole thing up and then see if it's still blowing. How many miles have.....................................

bollox I can't be bothered.

I've done about 250miles, it's VERY loud when riding and at higher revs sounds like it's blowing, trojen suggested it could be the circlips holding the header flanges not tight enough, got the impression it was a common problem when reusing original circlips, any I don't want to go into that now, performance is lacking between 4-5000rpm, maybe because of the suspected blowing!

All I'm asking here is tfi yes or no?

Tfi unit was recommeneded as a must have so I'm just trying to get second opinions.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 15:50 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
I should get Trojan to demonstrate that a TFI is going to work for you. It would be a shame to shell out a couple of hundred notes and it not work.

As I understand it, TFIs are plug and play.

Sorry I can't be of any more help chap. If it were an 07, I would be quite happy to hack your fuelling about to make it work. :(

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 16:22 
pash wrote:
I should get Trojan to demonstrate that a TFI is going to work for you. It would be a shame to shell out a couple of hundred notes and it not work.

Sorry I can't be of any more help chap. If it were an 07, I would be quite happy to hack your fuelling about to make it work. :(

Thanks Pash, 1st decent comment offered on this thread! O and Trojen don't to demo's, buy to order only :cry:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 16:57 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Has Spondon440 got a TFI? Might be worth hooking up with him to see what the difference is before and after.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 17:22 

ph4824 wrote:
pash wrote:

Thanks Pash, 1st decent comment offered on this thread! O and Trojen don't to demo's, buy to order only :cry:
Sorry to hear of your issues. Very kind of these people you bought from to relieve you of your money. Then the best suggestion that they can make is to invite you to give them even more money :?: Did they offer to give you your money back, or make any other suggestions that doesn't involve giving them any more cash :?: