It is currently 26 Apr 2024 12:54

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010 23:12 

Out riding the other day, bike running dog rough, feels like its 'missing' cant get it to run without the engine 'hunting' if its held at any constant revs, whether ticking along at 3500rpm or 5000. above that its less obvious but still not right.

As i switch it off i get the first of 2 error messages, the first one reads 'act int system error' and the code when checked is b1009.......i think? (panicked and forgot to write it down)

the second mesage came as I got home after another 20 minute ride and read 'low fuel system error' the code this time was b1005, may have been b1005 the first time, cant be sure.
Bike goes back in to the dealer later this week for yet more head scratching, and so far in the last couple of weeks its had a new fuel pump, tps reset, poweriser removed and replaced and now they are planning to replace the throttle bodies?? :(

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010 18:06 

Hi mate I had the same probs with mine .. It went back to dealers 7 times with lots of different error codes in the end the dealers changed ECM and sensors when I got the bike back it was terrible .it cut out reved up and down randomly then throttle got stuck .. Not to say anything about fuel expansion pipe expelling fuel on to back wheel .. I'm sure that m.o.t fail .. The point I'm making is :- I've handed back my bike as it isn't fit for purpose my Harley dealer have been great .. And. Been helping me find a deferent bike I hope you don't have the same probs as me but if you do Harley will help as I'm sure they know about the 1125r probs

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2010 18:27 
Best of luck with that! Mines been doing that since I bought it new in 2008! Its spent over 1 1/2 years(not a typo) in the dealers altogether for various problems, mainly the stuttering issue and its still crap, bloody dangerous in the wet! All I've been offered by my dealers is a straight swap for a 2004 zx10 with twice the bloody mileage on the clock. Just emailed EBR in the hope they've got some idea. Im totally fucked off. :ffs:

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2010 22:10 

The really wierd bit is they managed to get it to run as perfect as you could ever want it to be right after the fuel pump and the instrument cluster was replaced about 3 weeks ago.......it was a delight to own and that lasted for 10 days.
Just when I thought it was sorted for good it has gone right back to square one :(

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2010 12:35 

Current ride: YZF750R
May be a chaffed wire or two rubbing on the frame or round the battery housing. Some of the cables are fairly tight. The engine managment light came on on our XB. Chris at Oxford plugged it in and the computer came back with a sidestand fault. Chris traced the cable and found it was chaffed and shorting to the frame where it was cable tied. By touching the bare wire to the frame he managed to get 3 different error codes. He heat shrunk the cables and the bike has been fine since.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2010 13:34 

Current ride: CB1300, Z750, R1200
Raging wrote:
As i switch it off i get the first of 2 error messages, the first one reads 'act int system error' and the code when checked is b1009.......i think? (panicked and forgot to write it down)

the second mesage came as I got home after another 20 minute ride and read 'low fuel system error' the code this time was b1005, may have been b1005 the first time, cant be sure.

There is one noteable difference between these two errors: the active intake error is set by the ECM, the low fuel error is set by the instrument cluster, as the ECM is not connected to the fuel sensor, only the instrument cluster.