It is currently 19 Apr 2024 16:37

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 28 May 2009 16:16 

hi all, i'm determined to get a grasp on this, got the tps and afv sorted but after the initial test run after reset, i plugged bike in again and noticed that after 10mins riding the cold start enrichment was still 122%, does this sound right. also there is a fault code 13 showing, i believe this is o2 sensor, is this the same as a lambda probe? the bike has a jardine can and some alterations to the loom that looks like a lambda probe bypass to stop check engine light coming on. the bike has alwas seemed rich and it would figure if there is summit up with the cold start enrichment . if so, is there a way of resetting this? any advise would be great, cheers lads :worthy:

PostPosted: 28 May 2009 23:48 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
It is not cold start enrichment you are looking at, it is the engine temperature correction factor on fuelling. If the engine is cold, the volumetric efficiency is higher and therefore more fuel is needed for the same mixture...

I drew some diagrams some time ago:

http://www.ukbeg.com/archive/modules.ph ... ic&t=32173

For fault codes, check the How To for reading fault codes.

If someone has messed around with your loom, I would discover what has been done. The Buell EFI system works fine and dandy...

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 14:49 

Current ride: Buell X1 2001
First which bike is it? I have a 2001 X1 Lightning, with Forcewinder and Supertrapp pipe.

What I do is ,

1) Plug in diagnostics cable , make sure ECM spy has the COM port, turn on buell ignition and runstop set to run, push keys button on the ECMspy
make a note of the degrees on the main screen for the TPS, and the AFV value. Save ECM data with date as title so as to revert if things go bad. Note codes and Clear faults.
2) Open and close the throttle fully so it says 85° (fully open) and whatever shut. Do this three times and make sure the voltage is within a close tolerance of each shut (0.1 is ok , anything higher says sensor could be faulty)
3) Hold throttle shut, and wind back the throttle screw until it is just past 0°.
4) Reset the TPS.
5) Check on main screen that the throttle says 0° and wind the throttle screw on until it says 5.2 to 5.6 °.
6) Start engine and do NOT do anything until "engine enrichment" on the main page reaches 100% or lower and the "engine temperature" is 130°C or above, I let it get to about 150-160°C which coincides usually with enrichment at 100% or lower. The engine could be running at 1300rpm or so, but don't panic.
7) Adjust the warm idle (once "engine enrichment" on the main page reaches 100% or lower AND the "engine temperature" is 130°C or above) to 1050-1150rpm. Save ECM data for reference asa date and post tps reference. (i.e. X1-010609-TPS.txt etc.)
8) crack open a beer, job done.
This should start fine the next time.....

Source : - pash (good detail mate)

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13&start=0

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 15:53 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
I don't remember anything about a beer on my post. It would have been a cider :lol: