It is currently 19 Apr 2024 12:18

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 24 May 2009 20:30 

hello all, any one tell me where the idle screw is, i now the how to section says inboard of the airscoop, but i cant see it. any one got any photos? also this is my first attemp at working on the ecm, im feeling the bike is running rough and v rich, bike has jardine can and k&n.
with engine not running and throttle closed-
tps is 5.1 degrees,
5.9%,
1.07volts,
afv 132.4,
when running seems to flick between open and closed loop. also not showing any faults but the o2 sensor is not being recognised, bike has had work done on it before i owned it. any thoughts on these base settings before i bugger about with it. also how do i back up this base setting. cheers

PostPosted: 24 May 2009 20:36 

Current ride: Cagiva Raptor 650
The idle screw is cable tied to the engine frame running down just inside of the scoop.

PostPosted: 24 May 2009 21:12 

Hi mate, The idle screw is on the engine side of the front edge of the large scoop, it's fiddly to access with fingers so it's best to use an Allen key, 3/16" (I think).
You can backup your ECU by first FETCHING your EEPROM, then saving your EEPROM. You can also do the same with both front and rear fuel maps independently, although your EEPROM holds ALL the settings. (I like to think of the EEPROM as being the bikes dna).

The %, Volts and Degrees measurements only show you different forms of the same measurement. I don't know the whole ECU thing, but the AFV (Air Fuel Value) when std is usually around 100%, (which is the ideal number, hense this is where you can reset it manually to this), this figure rises and lowers according to what the o2 sensor sees as the perfect burnt mixture leaving the engine. However, when it sets itself, it richens or leans the WHOLE of BOTH maps, not just the rich or lean area of them.

The maps can be richened or leaned in specific areas now using ECMSpy.

I hope this helps. ;)