I think you need to lend me the engine for a month and I will create some killer maps. Too difficult to explain on the forum, best done in a practical manner...
In all seriousness, I took the world through a thread in the archive saying how I set the maps up on my largely standard XB12R with an ECM using the loops defined by Buell, i.e. Closed Loop, Closed Loop Learn, Open Loop and Open Loop WOT.
I followed this procedure:
1. Logged data with the NB lambda sensor in the rear pipe, used MegaLogViewer working on the EGO Correction only (no use of O2 data), to create a map of 14.7:1 for the rear Closed Loop area
2. Logged data with the NB lambda sensor in the front pipe, used MegaLogViewer working on the EGO Correction only (no use of O2 data), to create a map of 14.7:1 for the rear Closed Loop area
3. Went to the dynamometer with a WB lambda sensor in the front and rear cylinders and monitored the output during acceleration runs at WOT and lower values, adjusting the fuelling until a stable value of 13.2:1 was achieved
4. Added two degrees of advance for both front and rear and checked for a difference in power output, and there was none, so I went back to standard ignition timing.
5. Leaned off the lowest values in the map, at speeds above 2900rpm, to get rid of the popping and banging on the over-runhttp://www.ukbeg.com/archive/modules.ph ... ic&t=32691
Things you need to think about are the injector sizes. I was up to 255 on my maps at some points. There are some factors you can apply to give you more duration, however if the duration means that the injectors are on all the time, you will need some bigger injectors....