It is currently 28 Mar 2024 18:16

All times are UTC

Post subject: revolution performance
PostPosted: 20 May 2009 16:01 

Hi.
I am writing to UK buell forum becouse i heard that you guys have best expirience with ecmspy.
I have heavy tuned engine, with revolution performance 87 cu big bore kit and more torqe camshafts. I feel that my ecm is not good for this set, but i have poor expirience with tune the ecm. Have you any tips or solutions, which way i should go, add fuell, remove it, delay ignition?? Maybe some of you spot ready maps for such modify engine??
Thank's for any tips and information

PostPosted: 20 May 2009 16:45 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
I think you need to lend me the engine for a month and I will create some killer maps. Too difficult to explain on the forum, best done in a practical manner...

In all seriousness, I took the world through a thread in the archive saying how I set the maps up on my largely standard XB12R with an ECM using the loops defined by Buell, i.e. Closed Loop, Closed Loop Learn, Open Loop and Open Loop WOT.

I followed this procedure:

1. Logged data with the NB lambda sensor in the rear pipe, used MegaLogViewer working on the EGO Correction only (no use of O2 data), to create a map of 14.7:1 for the rear Closed Loop area
2. Logged data with the NB lambda sensor in the front pipe, used MegaLogViewer working on the EGO Correction only (no use of O2 data), to create a map of 14.7:1 for the rear Closed Loop area
3. Went to the dynamometer with a WB lambda sensor in the front and rear cylinders and monitored the output during acceleration runs at WOT and lower values, adjusting the fuelling until a stable value of 13.2:1 was achieved
4. Added two degrees of advance for both front and rear and checked for a difference in power output, and there was none, so I went back to standard ignition timing.
5. Leaned off the lowest values in the map, at speeds above 2900rpm, to get rid of the popping and banging on the over-run

http://www.ukbeg.com/archive/modules.ph ... ic&t=32691

Things you need to think about are the injector sizes. I was up to 255 on my maps at some points. There are some factors you can apply to give you more duration, however if the duration means that the injectors are on all the time, you will need some bigger injectors....

PostPosted: 20 May 2009 20:09 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None
jacol11 wrote:
Hi.
I am writing to UK buell forum becouse i heard that you guys have best expirience with ecmspy.
I have heavy tuned engine, with revolution performance 87 cu big bore kit and more torqe camshafts. I feel that my ecm is not good for this set, but i have poor expirience with tune the ecm. Have you any tips or solutions, which way i should go, add fuell, remove it, delay ignition?? Maybe some of you spot ready maps for such modify engine??
Thank's for any tips and information

Our first Polish member ... Welcome to UKBEG, Jacek :)

PostPosted: 20 May 2009 20:21 

Current ride: 2000 M2
bring it over in van and put it on dyno we can sort that bad boy out :twisted: and if pash wants to come down and play thats fine, just bring jaffa cakes :yup:

PostPosted: 20 May 2009 20:54 
proff. patpending

Vroooooooooom :D

PostPosted: 20 May 2009 22:47 

Quote:
Our first Polish member ... Welcome to UKBEG, Jacek

that's handy - my bike needs polishing :oooops:

PostPosted: 20 May 2009 22:54 
proff. patpending

Try here

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=357&start=30

:lol:

PostPosted: 20 May 2009 23:11 

pash wrote:
I think you need to lend me the engine for a month and I will create some killer maps. Too difficult to explain on the forum, best done in a practical manner...

In all seriousness, I took the world through a thread in the archive saying how I set the maps up on my largely standard XB12R with an ECM using the loops defined by Buell, i.e. Closed Loop, Closed Loop Learn, Open Loop and Open Loop WOT.

I followed this procedure:

1. Logged data with the NB lambda sensor in the rear pipe, used MegaLogViewer working on the EGO Correction only (no use of O2 data), to create a map of 14.7:1 for the rear Closed Loop area
2. Logged data with the NB lambda sensor in the front pipe, used MegaLogViewer working on the EGO Correction only (no use of O2 data), to create a map of 14.7:1 for the rear Closed Loop area
3. Went to the dynamometer with a WB lambda sensor in the front and rear cylinders and monitored the output during acceleration runs at WOT and lower values, adjusting the fuelling until a stable value of 13.2:1 was achieved
4. Added two degrees of advance for both front and rear and checked for a difference in power output, and there was none, so I went back to standard ignition timing.
5. Leaned off the lowest values in the map, at speeds above 2900rpm, to get rid of the popping and banging on the over-run

http://www.ukbeg.com/archive/modules.ph ... ic&t=32691

Things you need to think about are the injector sizes. I was up to 255 on my maps at some points. There are some factors you can apply to give you more duration, however if the duration means that the injectors are on all the time, you will need some bigger injectors....

you can play a little with the WOT enrichtment if you need more than 255 above 69 % tps
ore play with the choke iff you need it below 69 % tps
duty cycle can become a problem iff you need way more than a little

we tuned a 90" xb last month, from italy , not really hot cams, but a killer engine