It is currently 29 Mar 2024 12:08

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 28 May 2009 13:42 

I checked the horn on mine and not the culprit (my old Uly had that problem) but I'm no where near that mechanically competent to attempt pulling engine apart.

Had a far more mechanically minded mate stick his head next to my bike and he reckons it may be something to do with cam belts/chains (bearing in mind he doesn't know Buells) -perhaps a loose/worn bearing there-abouts (all greek to me!).

Dunno if that info's of any use to anyone

Anyhoo, think I may be heading for a (very) early 10k service to get it sorted. Bike's only got 6,900m on it.

Anyway, lemmie know what you find Bigbadal - might not be the same as my issue, but at least it might be somewhere to start when I take it in to be looked at.

http://www.eugenereisch.com

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2009 03:36 

I checked the gearbox in the end, but i've part ex'd the bike now. not got a buell anymore, a little sad but when i've enough money maybe another one will creep into my life and bring a big smile to my face. Thx to all on site i'll keep an eye on the site just in case i can help some one one day :D

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2009 10:06 

Bigbadal wrote:
I checked the gearbox in the end, but i've part ex'd the bike now. not got a buell anymore, a little sad but when i've enough money maybe another one will creep into my life and bring a big smile to my face. Thx to all on site i'll keep an eye on the site just in case i can help some one one day :D

Probably not a bad move, IMO. Good luck.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2009 10:35 
The Nagged Hubby

Bigbadal wrote:

Pisses you of having to do that don't it!

N.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2009 20:07 
I think you should post the registration to prevent any of us buying the potential timecashbomb