It is currently 28 Mar 2024 12:47

All times are UTC

Post subject: Locking afv ?
PostPosted: 09 May 2009 19:30 

After setting afv to 100 bike runs nice and smooth (xb12) but gradually after a hundred miles or so starts to run a little rough a bit of a pain to ride slow around town and in traffic . I connect to ecm spy and every time afv has crept up to 110 . I've checked static timing and done tps reset so I'm happy with those . I,m considering locking afv at 100 does anyone know of or see any problems/drawbacks in doing this.

Post subject: Re: Locking afv ?
PostPosted: 09 May 2009 23:44 
reset it to 100 then disconect the 02 sensor

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 11:22 

Why disconnect the o2 sensor

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 11:43 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
:eat:

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 14:22 

Current ride: Buell X1 2001
lamo wrote:

Not that I am an expert, but it really doesn't matter if you reset the AFV (local environment value- air temperature, moisture, up a mountain etc....) as after a few miles riding at a steady low revs it will reset itself as soon as the o2 sensor is reconnected. The reason why you disconnect the o2 sensor is called 'wideband' tuning as opposed to 'narrowband' tuning with o2 sensor connected. The difference is connected it makes realtime tuning faster and quicker realtime results, but when you reconnect the o2 sensor and take it for a run it will 'learn' what the local environment conditions are like. The main reason is if the ecm likes the wideband settings, your O2 sensor is buggered. Check for any faults or codes and clear them first before setting the AFV.

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 19:20 
Babybadger wrote:
lamo wrote:

Not that I am an expert, but it really doesn't matter if you reset the AFV (local environment value- air temperature, moisture, up a mountain etc....) as after a few miles riding at a steady low revs it will reset itself as soon as the o2 sensor is reconnected. The reason why you disconnect the o2 sensor is called 'wideband' tuning as opposed to 'narrowband' tuning with o2 sensor connected. The difference is connected it makes realtime tuning faster and quicker realtime results, but when you reconnect the o2 sensor and take it for a run it will 'learn' what the local environment conditions are like. The main reason is if the ecm likes the wideband settings, your O2 sensor is buggered. Check for any faults or codes and clear them first before setting the AFV.

if you reset the AFV (active fuel values) then disconect the 02 sensor it will stop the bike from changing the AFV so you dont have it going outta tune just like my one does. i have mine set like this and it runs ok ..

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 21:06 
proff. patpending

Can you be specific about where the bike runs rough? You need to identify which loop you are in, Closed Loop? Open Loop? If you are cruising on the motorway, or A road, it will be in Closed Loop. You got to be giving the bike some welly to get it out of Closed Loop.

If you are in Closed Loop, the value of AFV will make no difference to the engine.

Does the bike have a standard exhaust?

Where do you live?

PostPosted: 11 May 2009 19:44 

Runs rough between 1500 to 2500 rpm , riding round town type of speeds feels like a cold engine. K&N air filter gutted std exhaust. uk

PostPosted: 11 May 2009 20:22 
proff. patpending

Yeah, lock it up and report back...