It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:47

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: poor running
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2021 19:22 

Current ride: Buell XB9S
update on this, fuel pressure fine even when the engine light comes on its still 48/49 psi, still the same fault o2 sensor lean,Ok cold just when it’s warmed up, again it’s at 1800-2000 rpm

Thanks again for looking

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2021 21:19 

Current ride: X1 2001
check the wiring to the sensor isn't grounding , or intermittent connection , maybe a chaffed cable remember because the ecm says a sensor all it sees is signal yes / no or variable resistance

can you clean the sensor with something (check what is ok to use on it )
see if it temp clears the issue

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2021 05:07 

Nutah wrote:
check the wiring to the sensor isn't grounding , or intermittent connection , maybe a chaffed cable remember because the ecm says a sensor all it sees is signal yes / no or variable resistance

can you clean the sensor with something (check what is ok to use on it )
see if it temp clears the issue

Thanks for the reply
sensor to plug is fine, will try and check the rest this week, I need to try rig something up to get it out as I gather rear shock he’s to come off to remove it.

Thanks barney

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2021 15:58 

I have just lowered my engine this morning ready to put new intake seals on it and while doing so noticed an elbow in the throttle body facing upwards with no pipe or blank on it, should I blank this or run it into the air box somehow, the workshop book says emissions hose for California models
Thanks barney

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2021 16:13 
Site Admin

Blank it.

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2021 16:35 

Maz wrote:
Blank it.

Thanks, just took manifold off as well now and definite air leak on rear manifold seal, slight one on front, hopefully this will be all my problems solved
Thanks barney

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2021 19:44 

Current ride: X1 2001
:yup: sounds like it , good luck

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2021 21:09 

Nutah wrote:
:yup: sounds like it , good luck

Thanks, will update when it’s back together

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2021 16:05 

Bike now back together reset TPS, warmed it up in garage.run ok no light on but rpm did drop a little after 10 min or so an d did stall a couple of times, thinking maybe needs a run sort itself out maybe ? done a lot of stop starting over the last couple of weeks.
Also what injector cleaner are you lot putting in the tank please, I will run a tank of that through as well,
Thanks again for looking
barney

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2021 20:15 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
TPS reset is just to tell ecu where 0 deg is on throttle pot.
and the amout you open it after that is ONLY a rough guide for tick over , which needs to be adjusted once warmed up .
I use the super or posh expensive petrol , it's got more cleaning adative .
bike needs to go on a good run (50 miles ) to settle down and ECU to make any AFV corrections needed for maps, air filter , exhaust.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2021 20:27 

barney wrote:
TPS reset is just to tell ecu where 0 deg is on throttle pot.
and the amout you open it after that is ONLY a rough guide for tick over , which needs to be adjusted once warmed up .
I use the super or posh expensive petrol , it's got more cleaning adative .
bike needs to go on a good run (50 miles ) to settle down and ECU to make any AFV corrections needed for maps, air filter , exhaust.

Thanks for the reply, need to find time now for a run, yes I also use the expensive stuff usually BP ultimate, but I though some cleaner wouldn’t go a miss,

Thanks barney

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2021 09:17 

Started bike this morning fine ticking over 5 min fine 10 min gentle warm up around local then on a straight open up to pass a car and light comes on, back in garage plug in o2 sensor always lean.

When ticking over revs go up and down,if I remember and have this the right way round it says closed loop as revs are falling then speeds up and say open loop, occasionally it stalls.
Tps was reset yesterday, afv 100, and I was very particular putting manifold seals on leaned all surfaces, tightened evenly loosely put screw in manifold bracket to centre first so I’m certain these are fine, genuine parts as well,
Any more ideas or am I missing something ?,
as always thanks for looking and I do appreciate any help, again time is short off out to do a job now

Thanks barney

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2021 23:28 

Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2
barney66 wrote:
Started bike this morning fine ticking over 5 min fine 10 min gentle warm up around local then on a straight open up to pass a car and light comes on, back in garage plug in o2 sensor always lean.

When ticking over revs go up and down,if I remember and have this the right way round it says closed loop as revs are falling then speeds up and say open loop, occasionally it stalls.
Tps was reset yesterday, afv 100, and I was very particular putting manifold seals on leaned all surfaces, tightened evenly loosely put screw in manifold bracket to centre first so I’m certain these are fine, genuine parts as well,
as always thanks for looking and I do appreciate any help, again time is short off out to do a job now

Thanks barney

Should have bought a tuber :?: ;)

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2021 05:12 

gusm2 wrote:
barney66 wrote:

Thanks barney

If we’re going to be like that I shouldn’t have bought one at all :run:

Should have bought a tuber :?: ;)

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2021 09:29 

Current ride: BMW F900 XR
Without wanting to shout out what could be obvious, after all the things you've tried, have you replaced the O2 sensor? Certainly the last time I went round a similar route to what you've tried, a new O2 sensor resolved the issue.
I'd had poor running and cutting out, fitted new injectors and inspected for an intake leak which it appeared I had. Fitted new intake seals but then got same "O2 always lean" error. Tried again with refitting the intake manifold a couple of times to no resolve. Got it to Maz to investigate, intake manifold fitted fine. Maz fitted new O2 sensor, problem gone.