It is currently 28 Mar 2024 20:36

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2020 22:09 

Current ride: Ulysses XB12X
So have done some searching and asked a couple of questions and think I have it right – so I have just fitted new plugs (with socket universal-joint extension not too bad) and there was a bit of wear on spark plug boots so replaced with a Magnecor set (even with dielectric grease inside plug caps PITA getting them on) – checked for chafing, renewed some cable ties and lubed idle adjuster. And also put a bung on the Californian inlet stub as the original had disappeared.

Put everything back together – big spring clamp on throttle body was a pain and pinged across garage a couple of times until I managed to compress almost completely and put a cable on which held and then simple slip over and then cut cable tie.

Charging battery and then going to do TPS reset – I have Ecmspy– so TPS seems relatively straightforward by following posts here and on Ecmspy website – I go through the process and do I need to Save in order to maintain settings or is completing the adjustment process enough?

Now, for AMC issue – I want to check I have turned off AMC as I was getting occasional Trouble Code – aftermarket exhaust fitted - I go to Diagnostics then Error Masks tab and then Actuators and make sure Exhaust Valve Motor is unticked?

Do I also then go to Exhaust Valve Settings and make sure Enable Exhaust Valve is unticked?
And then do I now need to save this new configuration (I have already got original backed up)?
Thanks in advance

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2020 10:36 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Not sure which version of ECMSpy you are using. Check the How To for guidance.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2020 15:25 

Hi using latest version i think 2.0.31.2

managed to do TPS reset ok - and does seem to have cured a little low rev jerkiness and not so poppy on overrun -

as noted just want to check for AMC once unticked or ticked as appropriate how to save

cheers

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2020 21:30 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
You need to turn the error checking off. Diagnostics -> Error Masks -> Actuators -> Exhaust Valve Motor

Best to leave the function still running in case you ever put the stock exhaust back on, but pull the plug from the motor to make it last :D

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2020 20:53 

pash wrote:
You need to turn the error checking off. Diagnostics -> Error Masks -> Actuators -> Exhaust Valve Motor

Best to leave the function still running in case you ever put the stock exhaust back on, but pull the plug from the motor to make it last :D

cheers!