It is currently 27 Apr 2024 05:37

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2009 11:41 
Which engines+year models fit in an xb9r-03 frame and what is interchangeable when it comes to cylinder heads and cylinders, like is it possible to use the heads from an xb12 on a 9 and so on...

Due to the freakin enourmous costs of labour here in Sweden it looks like I´m gunna have to put a used engine in my old xbr which pinion bearing and race splintered inte fragments. 15 hours/pinion, 2hours/cylinder x2,3 hours/valve x2 X 750kronor or 58pounds/hour+ parts(around 1000dollars)+whatever I might of missed = big freakin headache :headbang:

...almost forgot, with the "active muffler control" on the 04´s how does that work with other mufflers like when you put a new system on?

Thanks for all and any help

/Mike

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2009 16:13 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
ist wrote:
Which engines+year models fit in an xb9r-03 frame and what is interchangeable when it comes to cylinder heads and cylinders, like is it possible to use the heads from an xb12 on a 9 and so on...

Barrels and pistons are different between 9 and 12 (height differences), but heads are the same.

ist wrote:
...almost forgot, with the "active muffler control" on the 04´s how does that work with other mufflers like when you put a new system on?

AMC was only on the 12s. With other mufflers, you follow the How To section...

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009 21:13 
pash wrote:
ist wrote:

Barrels and pistons are different between 9 and 12 (height differences), but heads are the same.

ist wrote:

AMC was only on the 12s. With other mufflers, you follow the How To section...

Can the amc be cut out through ecm-spy when putting another system on or how does that work....I´m going to have a look at an 04 xb12 engine tomorrow and I don´t know what shape the rest of the bike is in

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009 21:14 
proff. patpending

ist wrote:
Can the amc be cut out through ecm-spy when putting another system on or how does that work....I´m going to have a look at an 04 xb12 engine tomorrow and I don´t know what shape the rest of the bike is in

Yeah man, check the How To section...

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009 21:24 
pash wrote:
[quote="ist"peach the amc be cut out through ecm-spy when putting another system on or how does that work....I´m going to have a look at an 04 xb12 engine tomorrow and I don´t know what shape the rest of the bike is in

Yeah man, check the How To section...[/quote]

....I´m frikin tired...I´m lookin in the service manual and swearing at you!!.....least I can laugh at my own stupidity....now I´ll go look in the How to section....on the website :headbang:

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009 21:32 
proff. patpending

You can turn your 9 ECM into a 12 one. You shouldn't need to change your loom for a 12 engine, although if your 9 is too old, you may not have the AMC plug on it which is only a problem if you wanted to use it.

I pimped up another forum member's ECM so the AMC would work on a 9, when he fitted the exhaust from a 12 to it.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2009 09:13 
Are the inlet manifold and egnition coil the same on the xb9r03 and xb12r 04?

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2009 08:21 
proff. patpending

Ignition coils are the same, but you will need the throttle body from the 12 as it is bigger. The inlet manifold itself (the bit that looks like a pair of pants :lol: ) is the same for 9 and 12.

I would buy the engine, headers with everything up to and including the throttle body.

Do you know what kind of ECM you have (top right of the ECM spy window will tell you), CB060 / GB231 / IB310?

Depending on what type of belt you have, you may need the rear sprocket and belt off the 12...

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2009 17:04 
pash wrote:
Ignition coils are the same, but you will need the throttle body from the 12 as it is bigger. The inlet manifold itself (the bit that looks like a pair of pants :lol: ) is the same for 9 and 12.

I would buy the engine, headers with everything up to and including the throttle body.

Do you know what kind of ECM you have (top right of the ECM spy window will tell you), CB060 / GB231 / IB310?

Depending on what type of belt you have, you may need the rear sprocket and belt off the 12...

The ecm was intact on the wreck but i have cb060, couldn´t I just switch the front sprocket from mine over to the 12 ( seems like the bike got hit from the back left side so the back wheel and swing are damaged and I don´t know what shape the rear wheel sprocket is in) and use my rear wheel?( I have the old style belt)

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2009 18:25 
proff. patpending

Yes, you can do that...

Is the ECM cheap? If so, I would get it. We can put 12 maps on the CB060, but I am wondering what else may have changed. I'll check the "accelerator pump" settings.

Have you noticed that this thread is a party for two (just me and you)?

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2009 10:02 

Can I join in then? I know f*ck all but I can hold a can of Special Brew and nod supportively now and again

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2009 13:35 
proff. patpending

Yeah, 'course man, 'course...

But you should be, after all, you are a veteran from Spudley's project...

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2009 14:09 
pash wrote:
Yes, you can do that...

Is the ECM cheap? If so, I would get it. We can put 12 maps on the CB060, but I am wondering what else may have changed. I'll check the "accelerator pump" settings.

Have you noticed that this thread is a party for two (just me and you)?

sorry...ecm say´s cb050 on it so I´m guessing that would be it. ...but I´m getting the propper ecm if it´s damaged cause the costs involved are already up there so might as well dive in and do it right!! By headers you mean the pipes to the exhuast or the cylinder heads

And as for being 2 I´m guessing I exhausted everyone else with trying to figure out what was wrong with the old engine :P

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2009 14:12 
Bungle wrote:
Can I join in then? I know f*ck all but I can hold a can of Special Brew and nod supportively now and again

You´re more than welcome....the knowing f*ck all and drinking beer used too be my job....and then I bought a buell!!

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2009 15:48 
The Nagged Hubby

Don't worry ist I'm monitoring things :yup:

Glad Pash know his onions :worthy:

Nate.