It is currently 18 Apr 2024 16:24

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2019 10:29 

Current ride: Buell X1
Gday all. Well i've finaly got the engine togeather and bike is ready to run. Buell X1. Hammer head setup, there 600 cams, 1.5" inch crank conversion. Its got alot of stuff from hammer performance and they were able to supply a map theyd created for one almost identical. Only problem is the map is in .epr format from the latest ecmspy and my old version wont read it. Ive installed the latest ecmspy mono version and tried to open it which identified the ecm as an BUEIA but i dont have whatever is required to eopen it.
Ive been using ecm droid and know that my ecm is an BUEIB moduel.
Ive tried opening it in megalog viewer and tunerpro. No luck.
If anyone could help me out in either converting the file to a format i could use with ecm droid or any other system. Or explaining how to do so. Even if i had to manualy punch in the fuel and timing setup.
I would be very thankfull.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2019 11:50 

Current ride: X1 2001
:idea: try asking Pash
he speaks ecm talk

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2019 12:43 

I will do that. Thank you for directing me in the right direction.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2019 16:41 

Current ride: 1999 X1
Did you e-mail Hammer Performance and ask Dan if he can save in another format? I know they don't use ECM Spy. I think they use H-D's Pro Super Tuner, if that matters.

I look forward to hearing how all your Hammer stuff works out for you. I'd only met Dan once at Bonneville but I've known Aaron for nearly 20 years now. It started with him and he really knows how to make parts that really perform. And I'd learned a lot about designing for performance through him.

Bastard gave me the LSR bug upon meeting him and going out to support him once. In fact, one my old friends in Buelling (California) has made the trip to Lake Gairdner a couple times as have a couple other guys I used to know from Bonneville (on different bike manufacturers).

Once you get the X1 sorted out, you should attend Speed Week in a couple months from now. The records revolving around the 1350 pushrod class are pretty soft. Should be easy to grab a record though it may get eaten up the next year. In fact there are a lot of soft and open records in all kinds of classes, so if you have an old beater in the garage, you may be able to set a record on it just for grins.

For instance: The easiest class to get into with a Buell is 1350 P-PP (Production frame-production engine pushrod gas) and a record of 140.292 mph was set on a stock XB12R (only a K&N and Power Commander as mods) by an old friend of mine well over 10 years ago. With 29/55 gearing and an increased rev limit via ECM Spy, you should easily set a new record on an X1.

My first trip to Bonneville as a spectator on my X1 with Pro-Series exhaust, K&N, race ECM and SE 536 cams got me into the 130 club at 140 mph-ish at 4000 ft. Upping the rev limit and a 29 front pulley could have gotten me into the 150 club. There was enough HP to pull it. That's just a novelty class for any schmuck not actually racing for a record in any defined class.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019 09:59 

Just like to say that Mr Pashley has been incredible with the help he has given me with this issue. Just very generous.
And as to the speed week down in Lake Gairdner, that is precisely the plan for this month. Couldn't use all the go fast goodies as I wanted to stay in that production class. They are very specific about what is & isn't allowed.
Ill just have to wait till I get back to install the other bits.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019 10:11 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
ChiefCrazyHorse wrote:
Just like to say that Mr Pashley has been incredible with the help he has given me with this issue. Just very generous.
And as to the speed week down in Lake Gairdner, that is precisely the plan for this month. Couldn't use all the go fast goodies as I wanted to stay in that production class. They are very specific about what is & isn't allowed.
Ill just have to wait till I get back to install the other bits.

I'd like to double that compliment for Pash. Very generous with his time & info.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2019 17:15 

Current ride: 1999 X1
ChiefCrazyHorse wrote:

I'll just have to wait till I get back to install the other bits.

Do tell!!! What class will you be in and what have you done? 1350 P-PP? What parts do you have to leave off?

I've perused the rules over the past decade or so, since I have a few friends in Oz who also got the bug from Aaron at Hammer about 2000-ish. They've visited our shores a couple times for Bonneville. And as I said, some here have gone down there to actually race. The tech rules are remarkably similar and the classes are identical. You couldn't compare records as the elevation difference is significant.

All in all, a crap load of fun in on of the few types of racing that shade-tree mechanics with shade-tree budgets can compete in.