It is currently 25 Apr 2024 13:01

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: XB9R 07 surging
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009 00:28 

I have a 07 XB9R w/Jardine can , Race ECM , K&N filter . Have tried several different fuel maps , data logged , and the bike runs stronger , but has an annoying surging at around 2500to3500 rpm at minimal throttle cruising . The only way I have found to cure it is to retard the static timing by 2 or 3 notches . But then my throttle response goes to hell . Has anyone delt with this problem ? I was told you can adjust the timing at a specific rpm with the ECM Spy , but have not learned how to do that yet (previous post).
Would the "Hard TPS reset" help ? Your forum is the first I have heard of this procedure . Have have been scanning the US Buell forums about this problem (with no answer) and thought I would try your UK forum , as I have heard nothing but good about it . Please help a Buell Yank .

Post subject: Re: XB9R 07 surging
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009 08:19 

Current ride: Xb12Scg
i think the original idea came from Badweb, but it has been talked about here. i have done the 'hard reset' myself and it did make a difference at low speed, first gear riding, but not really any change at higher revs.

have a read of this how to (in the how to section): TPS Hard Reset