It is currently 26 Apr 2024 15:42

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009 17:15 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Just been thinking, there will be a limit to how much the EGO correction (see pictures I posted a link to) will correct. Not tested it, but there may be an error flag raised if it can't correct to stoichiometric in Closed Loop.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009 17:19 
My problem is, I may be asking to much of this system and/or the engine type, the smoothness of the engine from cold to warm/hot while in traffic on a short run of 13 miles. Going round bends and needing to slip the clutch for smooth power or juddering at a fixed throttle position is not much fun and to be honest is a bit of a pain.

It does need 10 miles to warm through the engine and gearbox and I have started doing a 5 min warm-up to help the situation. It may be because the engine does not get hot as fast as it used to due to being well run in now and do not recall the problem in the past.

Doing the TPS and the AFV has made a big diff. I have found that the idle speed setup is near critical, for good on-power and low speed throttle control, and makes a hell of a diff if it is right.

To be honest it is not that much of a problem now and I am just learning/tweating it for best results. Higher end performance is not a problem. The thing goes like a train :)