Last visit was: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:27 am It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:27 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:26 am 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
Of possible interest, especially to Italian motorcycle enthusiasts, is this recently restored 1957 film. Highly recommended :yup:....

‘The first great motorcycling movie is now back, fully restored after 60 years from its first release, thanks to the amazing support of thousands of motorcycle lovers from all over the world! Enjoy this 1957 forgotten jewel from the two wheels golden age! Share the video, and get your DVD here: http://www.rodaggiofilm.com/prodotto/fi ... lla-morte/

A tale of love, rivalry and passion set in the 50s madcap world of motorcycle speed races, shot during the main competitions of that time, such as Monza’s Moto GP and the last edition of the legendary Milano-Taranto race. With even very rare footage of the Guzzi factories and wind tunnel at work. The film features, alongside popular actors Rik Battaglia and Sylva Koscina, many of the most important champions of those years, all of them riding amazing Moto Guzzi, Gilera, Mondial, Norton bikes with their so charming and dangerous dustbin fairings: Geoffrey Duke, Libero Liberati, Bill Lomas, Enrico Lorenzetti, Reg Armstrong, Stanley Woods, Ken Cavanagh, Dickie Dale, Thomas Campbell, Pierre Monneret, Albino Milani, Walter Zeller, Bruno Francisci.

A movie like no other in its genre, recovered and restored after 60 years from its release thanks to thousands of supporters and hundreds of donors from 22 countries. “I fidanzati della morte” bears unique witness to the international motorcycling’s golden age and to an exceptional season of Italian excellence, innovations and challenges in the thrilling world of two wheels.

Movie trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEXRLtNzEHk

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:29 pm 

Current ride: Hypermotard 1100S
I’ll keep an eye out for it. I don’t do dvd’s so I’ll look for it to stream.

Looks interesting though :yup:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:37 pm 

Current ride: 1999 X1
Agreed, it does look a fun watch. Especially since I know so little about racing of that era and even about those bikes too. Not brands that really ever made it state-side. Probably not something I'd pay to own so I'll wait for a streaming version as well.

[ 3 posts ]