It is currently 29 Mar 2024 06:38

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2009 20:21 

Well, have had the Uly XT for a few days now and loving it. Just a pity the weather aint been as great as when I picked it up. The missus loves it and says it is far more comfortable that the Beemer.

My concerns about the clutch lever have proved ill founded. I assume they have made changes since 2003.

My only issue, other than I want a nice noisy can but cannot afford the headers at the moment, is that the right side frame gets uncomfortably hot.

I ride in Dragging Jeans most of the time so I don’t get any protection and tend to ride forward gripping the frame which means that the heat can be painful. Don’t remember that from the 2003 XB12S. Have they changed anything?

Yeah, I know that I can change my riding position but when I push back the bars become an uncomfortable reach....

I understand that in the US they do a rider comfort kit as an accessory which eases the heat issue but do not seem to offer that in the UK or Europe. Will the US kit it work on the UK 2009 bikes and if not what options to I have to install something similar?

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2009 21:52 

Current ride: 08 Uly
Is yours an 09 XT? If so then take a look at Page 18 in this catalogue...

http://www.buell.com/en_us/gear/catalog/

If I read that correctly, and 'Eng' is England, then I think the part number for the Rider Comfort Kit for our bikes is M1907A.3AK. I'm going to try ordering that soon anyway as I also want to cool my bike down. From the reports on BadWeb, it seems to be doing the trick.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009 02:00 

Hello,
I have exhaust heat wrap fitted, imo radiates less heat compared to unwrapped exhausts. The cooling fan doesn't come on as often. However the look is not to everyones taste (some say it's shit) but it has grown on me, also a peice of piss to do and not very expensive.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009 15:48 

Current ride: 08 Uly
Just called my dealer about this kit and it's actually costing more in £ than it costs in $ in the catalogue!! £130 to you sir!!!! ($120 in the catalogue)

I know we have to pay VAT and the US price excludes Sales Tax, but that's still daylight robbery in my book. Hmmm, might try to source from the US.

Anyone else going for this kit?