It is currently 29 Mar 2024 09:57

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Question for Maz
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2017 05:58 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
x1glider wrote:
So if the spray pattern is better, can I assume, with better atomization, that the ECM will adjust for that somehow and not run hotter due to making more power. I had an issue on another X1 where the head temp sensor was telling the ECM to dump in more fuel to keep the engine cooler. As a result the O2 sensor was getting fouled badly and then it just went into a loop of one sensor trying to compensate for another until it just ran shittier and shittier.

However, I am getting excited at these results.

The better atomisation will make the mixture more homogeneous giving you a faster (or more consistent) burn and with that you can reduce ignition advance which means less work done before the piston reaches TDC which means more mpg at part throttle and more power (all things being equal) at WOT.

But back to your X1 issue, although there are corrections for engine temperature and air temperature, the closed loop control at part throttle will correct back to stoichiometric and any errors will be lumped together in the AFV, which is a great measurement to warn of any issues that need further investigation.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2017 18:38 

Current ride: 1999 X1
pash wrote:
x1glider wrote:
So if the spray pattern is better, can I assume, with better atomization, that the ECM will adjust for that somehow and not run hotter due to making more power. I had an issue on another X1 where the head temp sensor was telling the ECM to dump in more fuel to keep the engine cooler. As a result the O2 sensor was getting fouled badly and then it just went into a loop of one sensor trying to compensate for another until it just ran shittier and shittier.

But back to your X1 issue, although there are corrections for engine temperature and air temperature, the closed loop control at part throttle will correct back to stoichiometric and any errors will be lumped together in the AFV, which is a great measurement to warn of any issues that need further investigation.

Yeah, there were issues. Bearing bores too tight were overheating the crank bearings, melting the seal and dumping oil into the primary (and onto the back tire when that was filled up.) The ECM appeared to do what it was supposed to do... protect the engine but trying to cool it with more fuel. That problem was solved with new and properly machined cases.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2018 17:37 

Current ride: 1999 X1
Maz wrote:
Nutah wrote:
Maz wrote:
pash wrote:
Maz wrote:
Got another Bosch injector from Pash today and ran the test again.....perfect match both flow wise and electrically 8-)

What was the spray pattern like compared to the Sagem?

Miles better 8-)
so are there two different types of Bosch ?
or were they the same part no. but variable quality issue ? :?

Different type.

You guys never piped up on the part number for this injector?

Has it been put into a road going bike since the bench test?

Anyone heard from Mickrick and how his X1 has been getting on with the first Bosch injector?

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018 20:56 

Current ride: Pushbike!
My X1 runs great Guys. I can't remember how long I've been running them, I think since 2012. I rode the bike from Mallorca to the IOM and back in 2015, never had a hiccup. Pulls like a train, starts on the button, idles nice, and I never had a plug foul. No real tuning, just Forcewinder, APH exhaust with 2 1/2" header. I've never even done a TPS reset, it just seems to sort itself out.
I'm also running a fuel performance pump and pressure regulator, which I put in at the same time as the injectors, as the old one packed up. 8-) :yup: