It is currently 29 Mar 2024 12:27

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009 12:31 
Well last Saturday Riders took a look at my bike. They must have worked on it for up to an hour. They told me they checked the front exhaust gasket = OK, reset TPS and something else both via their computer? No fault codes recorded. Rode home the very long way round and as yet the bike seems ok. Remember my bike was not faulty when I dropped it off, it's an intermittent fault so time will tell. There were a couple of times I started it up and the idle seemed to chase. Not had much of a chance to ride the bike this week.

Found riders to be more knowledgeable than Plymouth and had more to offer, especially at £60ph labour compared to Plymouths £80ph.

Riders told me about the Fueler they sell - Kitech for £199 plus fitting. They don't sell remus. They told me they don't usually sell this with an air filter as the original one is very good and close to the output of a performance filter - from my experience with Pipercross I disagree! Never heard of this make before. Said this fueler can be adjusted on dyno also but told me there isn't must adjustment for the buells tbh. Is this Kitech any good?

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009 12:43 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
My experience is that if you deviate from the standard headers, you need to be able to adjust the front and rear fuelling independently. If you bought one of these fuellers, who would set it up? Would you just take a stock set up? Would it work for every bike regardless of pipe / filter etc.? I doubt it...

I want an 08/09 bike to play with...

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009 12:54 
I don't think adjustment to the front and back cylinders independently for an add on fueler is available from for my year of bike? Remember this unit piggybacks on the OEM fueling system which if you are right should already be adjusting the fueling independently already and the fueler just assists and nothing more. When I fitted the Powerizer first I remember not being that impressed until I changed the air filter also. THEN it gave the torque through the rev range I was seeking and I was very happy. I took the Powerizer off but left the air filter on and went for a fast blast with Mitch before giving him his filter back. I didn't lose much but I did notice a small loss in torque - you know the get up and go wasn't quite the same!

http://kitechdirect.com/products/ppf.html

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2009 21:32 
pash wrote:
My experience is that if you deviate from the standard headers, you need to be able to adjust the front and rear fuelling independently. If you bought one of these fuellers, who would set it up? Would you just take a stock set up? Would it work for every bike regardless of pipe / filter etc.? I doubt it...

I want an 08/09 bike to play with...

........ but you are always washing your hair when I try and get you to do your witchcraft on my 08. Your barnet looks fine Nick, just lay off the brylcreem :twisted:

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2009 08:23 
proff. patpending

Can we weld lambda probe bosses on your exhaust?

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2009 16:59 
pash wrote:
Can we weld lambda probe bosses on your exhaust?

I am not into latin dancing - but if you insist..........

If it means the bikes runs like it should then I am happy to try anything.

Baring in mind that it starts and runs fine -on acceleration - great fun, likes to be revved. Just backfiring.

Joes(buell) posted about backfiring due to exhaust and it might be that because the HP can on my bike has had the decibel killer drilled out (according to the last oner but one - the original navig8tor) - maybe that upsets the fueling :idea: :?:

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2009 17:53 
My bike pops on the overrun. This is normal but when I've had this annoying running problem the poping is alot worse. Not what I'd call back firing cause that's more like "bang" "bang" rather than "pop" "pop".

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2009 18:35 
proff. patpending

Popping on the over-run is a contentious issue; some will say it is cos there is an air leak in the exhaust, some cos the bike is running lean, some cos it's running rich.

I subscribe to the third (with air being sucked back up the exhaust during the scavenge period when the throttle is closed) and got rid of all my popping and banging by winding the fuelling down to a trickle (10) at the TPS for closed throttle.

Daywalker has done some experiments with his Remus with baffles in and out. IIRC, it pops more with the baffles out (less restriction to suck air back through the exhaust).

On the over-run, the ECM is in Open Loop, so the fuel map is affected by the AFV. Higher AFV, more popping and banging.

Interesting that ph's bike pops and bangs more when it is running shite. I wonder if your Larry-the-Lambda sensor is poorly, perhaps contaminated :idea:

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2009 14:55 
A grey tide eel

You remember correctly. It pops with the baffles out which I always thought was due to running lean. However adding a K&N with the baffles out certainly reduced the popping. So that should have made it leaner and hence worse so what I had always been told would seem to be wrong. When it was run on the dyno the ratio was spot on again indicating that the popping is actually cuased by something else.

Piaggio X8 400ie
Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenere (x2)
Suzuki GSXR750WR
BSA B441VS
FJR1300

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2009 15:02 
proff. patpending

Ah, the mixture was spot on at WOT, not necessarily at closed throttle. I'll stop your popping...

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2009 15:13 
A grey tide eel

Oh yes your right.

But once you pop you can't stop according to the Ad

Piaggio X8 400ie
Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenere (x2)
Suzuki GSXR750WR
BSA B441VS
FJR1300