Last visit was: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:10 pm It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:10 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:32 am
Posts: 12
Current ride: X1 WL - 1125 CR
At Metmachex they don't know. Suggestions? Experiences?

Thank you!

_________________
www.devilstars.com

www.facebook.com/134.speed

X1 White Lightning 2002
1125 CR 2008


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:48 pm
Posts: 1173
Current ride: X1, guzzi 8V,MT350
Location: yorks/lancs border
i'd guess at yes, the shorty tail is still the same dimensions around where it bolts to the frame as the original and you're not going to be using the plastic undertray.

_________________
Buell X1, Guzzi 1200 sport, HD MT 350


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:57 pm
Posts: 995
Current ride: Pushbike!
Location: Spain
The standard tank fits with the shorty tail, so I don't see why not.
It's on my wish list :)


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:32 am
Posts: 12
Current ride: X1 WL - 1125 CR
Well the metmachex tank is a little bigger, should have a liter more capacity.

_________________
www.devilstars.com

www.facebook.com/134.speed

X1 White Lightning 2002
1125 CR 2008


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:06 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 7877
Location: Manchester
That's because the Metmachex tank requires the battery positive and earth leads to be re-routed around the tank and it fouls the main circuit breaker wiring, otherwise it takes up the same space within the subframe.....I dont like their oil tank on X1's ! :)

_________________
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:32 am
Posts: 12
Current ride: X1 WL - 1125 CR
Maz wrote:
That's because the Metmachex tank requires the battery positive and earth leads to be re-routed around the tank and it fouls the main circuit breaker wiring, otherwise it takes up the same space within the subframe.....I dont like their oil tank on X1's ! :)


Hmm I think I don't fully understand: can you explain more clearly? I'm a poor italian noob lOl :askmaz:

Anyway, from this picture it should fit without problems, but doesn't seems very nice above the battery :?


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
www.devilstars.com

www.facebook.com/134.speed

X1 White Lightning 2002
1125 CR 2008


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:42 pm
Posts: 2665
Current ride: M2 Razorback
Location: Mouth of the Port in the Shire of Hamp
Maz wrote:
That's because the Metmachex tank requires the battery positive and earth leads to be re-routed around the tank and it fouls the main circuit breaker wiring, otherwise it takes up the same space within the subframe.....I dont like their oil tank on X1's ! :)

Palmer3 wrote:
Hmm I think I don't fully understand: can you explain more clearly? I'm a poor italian noob

= you will have to make new routes for the wires of the battery and the circuit-breaker.

Palmer3 wrote:
Anyway, from this picture it should fit without problems, but doesn't seems very nice above the battery

As above, that's why Maz doesn't like them on X1s.

_________________
'98 M2 Razorback, it's a keeper.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:32 am
Posts: 12
Current ride: X1 WL - 1125 CR
"Make new routes for the battery wires" is an easy task or means cutting and rewire :o ?

any other pictures? can't find any of X1 and metmatchex tank!

_________________
www.devilstars.com

www.facebook.com/134.speed

X1 White Lightning 2002
1125 CR 2008


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:42 pm
Posts: 2665
Current ride: M2 Razorback
Location: Mouth of the Port in the Shire of Hamp
Palmer3 wrote:
"Make new routes for the battery wires" is an easy task or means cutting and rewire :o ?

any other pictures? can't find any of X1 and metmatchex tank!

They would probably need to be made longer.

_________________
'98 M2 Razorback, it's a keeper.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:32 am
Posts: 12
Current ride: X1 WL - 1125 CR
rik wrote:
Palmer3 wrote:
"Make new routes for the battery wires" is an easy task or means cutting and rewire :o ?

any other pictures? can't find any of X1 and metmatchex tank!

They would probably need to be made longer.



that's no good news :sad1:

_________________
www.devilstars.com

www.facebook.com/134.speed

X1 White Lightning 2002
1125 CR 2008


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:39 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 7877
Location: Manchester
.....or shorter and routed down in front of the battery....the Metmachex tank doesn't have the channel for the cables.
In that picture, you can actually see the breaker wiring touching the top of the tank :x

_________________
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 664
Palmer3 wrote:
Maz wrote:
That's because the Metmachex tank requires the battery positive and earth leads to be re-routed around the tank and it fouls the main circuit breaker wiring, otherwise it takes up the same space within the subframe.....I dont like their oil tank on X1's ! :)


Hmm I think I don't fully understand: can you explain more clearly? I'm a poor italian noob lOl :askmaz:

Anyway, from this picture it should fit without problems, but doesn't seems very nice above the battery :?

Jeez, ANOTHER bike without a front mud guard. It'll have f***ing knobbly tyres fitted next. :roll:

_________________
Try this on yer fueller...........


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:32 am
Posts: 12
Current ride: X1 WL - 1125 CR
03 wrote:
Jeez, ANOTHER bike without a front mud guard. It'll have f***ing knobbly tyres fitted next. :roll:


what about the color? :roll:

Maz wrote:
.....or shorter and routed down in front of the battery....the Metmachex tank doesn't have the channel for the cables.
In that picture, you can actually see the breaker wiring touching the top of the tank :x


Well I have to admit I am considering buying the Metmachex tank. The wiring (still don't sure about the mening of "breaker wiring" :ill: ) is a little problem which can be solved, but the design doesn't convince me. The space above the battery doesn't have a good look. I've found other pictures (with fender :rotfl: ):

Image
Image

this is probably better looking, and it's custom made (not by metmatchex):


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
www.devilstars.com

www.facebook.com/134.speed

X1 White Lightning 2002
1125 CR 2008


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:42 pm
Posts: 2665
Current ride: M2 Razorback
Location: Mouth of the Port in the Shire of Hamp
...'breaker wiring' is short for 'circuit-breaker wiring', meaning the wires that go to the circuit-breaker. The circuit breaker is the little aluminium box with two terminals near the battery; it is a type of thermal fuse that 'breaks the circuit' if there is too much current passing, but then cools down and resets itself (unlike a fuse that has to be replaced). Metmachex forgot it was there when they designed their oil tank... lOl

_________________
'98 M2 Razorback, it's a keeper.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:32 am
Posts: 12
Current ride: X1 WL - 1125 CR
rik wrote:
...'breaker wiring' is short for 'circuit-breaker wiring', meaning the wires that go to the circuit-breaker. The circuit breaker is the little aluminium box with two terminals near the battery; it is a type of thermal fuse that 'breaks the circuit' if there is too much current passing, but then cools down and resets itself (unlike a fuse that has to be replaced). Metmachex forgot it was there when they designed their oil tank... lOl



ah, ok! thank you. I totally forgot where the circuit breaker is located.

_________________
www.devilstars.com

www.facebook.com/134.speed

X1 White Lightning 2002
1125 CR 2008


Top
   
 
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited