It is currently 23 Apr 2024 14:37

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2016 15:27 

Current ride: Xb12Scg
I have warning light come on a couple of times recently. Using the short the 2 pins out method, I get code 33. Does this mean the pump is knacked, or on the way out, or possibly another problem with fuel?

Bike isn't used much these days which I guess doesn't help much.

Cheers, Mitch.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2016 16:14 

Current ride: Pushbike!
Strange thing happened to me last week. Been working away the last few months, and the bike (X1) has been ridden probably once in the last 4 months, and was low on fuel.
I pulled her out to go for a ride with a friend, and he told me he needed to stop for fuel. Me too.
Anyway, to cut a long one short, We agreed to meet at his place around the corner.
The bike died on me 50 meters from my house (I don't keep the bike at home) Turned out the 20 amp fuse had blown. I popped a spare in, and she fired up again. Popped in my shed, picked up a couple of spares, and away we went.
Rode for about 20km towards the next town with a fuel station, and booger me, she died again!
Same thing, but I was down to one spare fuse..
So we agreed to get fuel, as I needed it to get home anyway. Filled her up with fresh fuel, and then rode around the corner to a motor factors, and bought a load of spare fuses. Agreed to carry on with the ride and see how it goes.
Not a problem. Rode all day, had a bloody great time, came home.
My theory is the fuel had turned to jelly in the pump, and that was what was blowing the fuse.
Put new fuel in, flushed the pump through, and she was fine after that. We'll see, but I recon that was it.
Need to ride her more :)
The new fuel they're selling us is shyte.
Anyway, if you need a pump, speak to Duane at Fuel Performance. ;)

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2016 16:35 

Current ride: Xb12Scg
Cheers. The pump does run as I said, so could be on the way out or some other problem. Weird thing is I ran the bike in the garage for a couple of minutes no problem, then moved it outside. Then the lamp came on when I started it up. Back in the garage and initially it showed a fault so i looked for the code, but the light has cleared now.

Obviously the bike has gone agoraphobic. :headbang:

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2016 19:01 

Current ride: Pushbike!
I replaced the pump a couple of years ago, as my bike wouldn't run, although the pump made all the right noises. But when I put a gauge on it, there was no pressure.
The filter looked like a used tea bag! Could have been just that, but I decided to replace the pump, filter, and pressure regulator seeing as it was in bits anyway. I also changed the O-rings on the regulator.
The pump was cheap from Fuel Performance with a lifetime warranty. He actually commissioned a batch of pressure regulators just for Buell Guys..
Although may be different for an XB, I know nothing about them.