Last visit was: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:42 pm It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:42 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Low fuel light
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 4312
Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Location: NNW of Sarfampton
pash wrote:
Ever since I got my X1, I'd never seen the low fuel light come one.

Everything was good, and now, unusually, I am pleased to see the low fuel light.



Hallelujah :worthy: :worthy: you've seen the light. :old: :old:

_________________
I'm a Hornithologist, I get excited by exotic birds.........


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Low fuel light
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:30 pm 
Offline
proff. patpending
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 14106
Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Location: Bristol - Gateway to all things good
I was on a mission to run it out of fuel....



...so I sent my dad out on it...

Image

_________________
08 Specialized Langster


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Low fuel light
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:51 pm
Posts: 315
Current ride: ktm 950 sm
Location: Shawbury
My light has gone missing.....Not seen for a while..Got book out and tank holds 16.7 total....reserve is 3.1...so, i think that means, when i fill up, if pump puts in less than 13.6 ltr then my light shoudnt be on...Trip shows 171 miles...Im sure light used to come on in the 140s....Has it packed in or is my uly gettin more efficient. ..Normal riding. Steady progress making with the occasional loud engine moments.... :x


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Low fuel light
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:51 pm
Posts: 315
Current ride: ktm 950 sm
Location: Shawbury
I,ve seen the light aswel... :dance:

Came on 175 miles from fill up...Book says uly tank/frame has 3 Imp gallons before light on...This works out at 58 mpg...Crackin..... :dance: :D

Many thanks to the inventor of the calculator... :worthy:


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Low fuel light
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:19 pm 
Offline
proff. patpending
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 14106
Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Location: Bristol - Gateway to all things good
:?

Mine comes on at 150

_________________
08 Specialized Langster


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Low fuel light
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 588
Current ride: 2008 ULY XT
Location: L - Imgarr , Malta
pash wrote:
Mine comes on at 150


:yt: (on the Uly )mine too - almost exactly - every time :sun:

_________________
2001 M2 Cyclone
2008 Uly XT
........next ?


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Low fuel light
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:51 pm
Posts: 315
Current ride: ktm 950 sm
Location: Shawbury
Interesting on a personal level. ..I always zero on fill ups, so will see what i get nx time...Not gonna get much use this wikend tho...Incidently, still on original muffler , kept on nice rev, no boggin down...and its black.. . :D


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Low fuel light
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:51 pm
Posts: 315
Current ride: ktm 950 sm
Location: Shawbury
Got out on bike, good run from shrewsbury >Bishops castle>Knighton>Breakfast at crossgates caff and down to Abergavenny ..Great roads but piss down on way back..Could do with some goretex underpants... :shock:

Anyway, This time fuel light on at 173 miles... 8-)


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Low fuel light
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 3:15 pm
Posts: 136
Current ride: XB12X
Location: Deutschland
Did a Pash with the Uly, fuel light came on and thought I would have 25-30 miles to find a station, 15 miles later at top of a hill phutt-phutt-ptt. Luckily a role down the hill and down a side road led to a petrol station, I just dive for the first one now as soon as the light is on. Usually get 165 before the light.

_________________
To Lands End and beyond


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Low fuel light
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:51 pm
Posts: 315
Current ride: ktm 950 sm
Location: Shawbury
Ye, fill up soon as light comes on ...As you know, you get the reserve COUNT UP at this point, a COUNT DOWN would be nice...like my car....


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Low fuel light
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:04 pm 
Offline
proff. patpending
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 14106
Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Location: Bristol - Gateway to all things good
Charlie (Buzz) 716 wrote:
Did a Pash with the Uly, fuel light came on and thought I would have 25-30 miles to find a station, 15 miles later at top of a hill phutt-phutt-ptt. Luckily a role down the hill and down a side road led to a petrol station, I just dive for the first one now as soon as the light is on. Usually get 165 before the light.

:run:

_________________
08 Specialized Langster


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Low fuel light
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 664
paulastbury wrote:
Got out on bike, good run from shrewsbury >Bishops castle>Knighton>Breakfast at crossgates caff and down to Abergavenny ..Great roads but piss down on way back..Could do with some goretex underpants... :shock:

Anyway, This time fuel light on at 173 miles... 8-)

I presume you stopped at the Three Tuns in Bishops Castle. It's almost a pilgrimage, that.

_________________
Try this on yer fueller...........


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Low fuel light
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:33 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:25 pm
Posts: 11400
Location: Oswestry
03 wrote:
paulastbury wrote:
Got out on bike, good run from shrewsbury >Bishops castle>Knighton>Breakfast at crossgates caff and down to Abergavenny ..Great roads but piss down on way back..Could do with some goretex underpants... :shock:

Anyway, This time fuel light on at 173 miles... 8-)

I presume you stopped at the Three Tuns in Bishops Castle. It's almost a pilgrimage, that.


I went there yesterday for lunch, and then a brew at Crossgates. Some excellent bike roads around there.

_________________
If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Low fuel light
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 664
Adam wrote:
03 wrote:
paulastbury wrote:
Got out on bike, good run from shrewsbury >Bishops castle>Knighton>Breakfast at crossgates caff and down to Abergavenny ..Great roads but piss down on way back..Could do with some goretex underpants... :shock:

Anyway, This time fuel light on at 173 miles... 8-)

I presume you stopped at the Three Tuns in Bishops Castle. It's almost a pilgrimage, that.


I went there yesterday for lunch, and then a brew at Crossgates. Some excellent bike roads around there.

Excellent. I used to look forward to the Piston Broke Rally each May when it was held just off the A49 at Marshbrook. The B road past the pub carried on to Bishops Castle so it was a no brainer to go and buy a couple of flagons of the Three Tuns brew for consumption at the camping site behind the pub. Back in the happy times, sadly. IIRC, the brewery and the pub now have separate owners.

_________________
Try this on yer fueller...........


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Low fuel light
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:46 pm
Posts: 13
Current ride: 2000 M2 Cyclone
Location: Southampton
Hi everyone
I've only owned my M2 Cyclone for a couple of months so still learning................
My bike has the low petrol warning lamp, but what makes it work ?
My tank only has the rubber hose from tap to carb, no sensor or wires to be seen !!

Am I, or my bike, missing something ?
As the speedo doesn't have a trip meter, without the warning light I am going to be running out of petrol quite often.

Cheers
Boomerang


Top
   
 
 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited