It is currently 20 Apr 2024 12:35

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2009 21:20 

I have had my wife on the back of my bike for the first time and the rear suspension seems to soft.
I have read the owners handbook and am confussed as to how to adjust for 2 up riding
There are two screws one at the front and one at the back of the shock which are marked soft-hard,can i adjust the shock by simply turning both screws to the hard setting or do i have to adjust it using the large retaining bolt and locknut.
As you can tell i am not machanicly minded and dont want to mess with it and cause any problems,
Any help will be appreciated

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2009 22:10 

The screwdrive slots are the damping adjustment ie they control the way in which the spring behaps as it compresses and extends. The first adjustment you carry out for extra load will the the spring preload, to do so, you'll have to slacken the lock nut and turn the body.
Once set, you'll need to adjust the forks to compliment the rear setting.

moto.racing.co.uk will give you an overview of what you're trying to achieve but the Buell rear shock will physically behave in reverse.

If it's just the odd ride and you're not going balls out, then I'd just adjust the preload since the X1 shite; get an AST shock for Xmas, your X1 will be like a different bike 8-)