It is currently 23 Apr 2024 10:22

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2009 21:39 

Hi,
Help!! just fitted a D+D can and K&N filter to my 2007 XB12S, it runs okay and sounds great, to help with the lean fuelling i purchased a Remus Powerizer and spent the last few ours fitting it and trying to make the bloody thing go.......there lies the problem it wont start, I've checked and double checked the connetions to the front and rear cylinders, the earths and the yellow wire that attached to the green TPS wire and it all looks fine, as per the instructions I've also checked the green LED in the powerizer itself (should this light up when the engines is not running and the ignition turned on?) its doesnt by the way.... can anyone help or shed some light on the problem for me?

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2009 23:53 

I`ve got one of these fitted to my CityX.
Don`t know if its the same model or not, but when you start the bike up the green LED should stay on for 5 seconds then go out.(ie.the engine is running)
This apparently shows correct operation...if it is not working properly the LED should do different things, like flash intermittently and so on, depending on what exactly is wrong with it.
I would suggest you check the connection to the green TPS wire on your bike as the T-tap the powerizer comes with may not have made a good connection...I soldered mine on.
If this does not work you could a) stamp on it, then fling it in the bin
b) get on to the supplier :)

HTH.

B

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2009 07:58 

Thanks for the info, the problem is it wont start so I cant check the LED status, as mentioned I'll look at the TPS connection again this morning, if that fails your second options sounds like the way to go.... :-)