It is currently 26 Apr 2024 16:59

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Binding Rear brake
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2009 00:04 

Current ride: A black one
Quote:
I'm all out of ideas now.

Dave you are a loverly fella. Met you at last years' Deliverance and you offered to share a rather interesting smoke with me :lol:

I am having a similiar "binding" problem with my CBR 600 front brakes that is driving me crazy.

But FFS who uses the rear brake on a Buell :roll: Just lob the ##ucker off

Says: the man who has just fitted new EBC pads to his S3............just in case

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2009 00:31 

Current ride: XB9R
Dusty wrote:
Quote:
I'm all out of ideas now.

Dave you are a loverly fella. Met you at last years' Deliverance and you offered to share a rather interesting smoke with me :lol:

:oooops: :oooops: :oooops: It wasn't mine - someone just handed it to me and I passed it on. (Actually, this is true - I gave all that stuff up about five years ago.)

Dusty wrote:
I am having a similiar "binding" problem with my CBR 600 front brakes that is driving me crazy.

Have you looked at the seals on the master cylinder piston? Over the years of running very old bikes through all weathers, I've had all sorts of brake probs. One time it was the master cylinder pistons seals crudding up so it wouldn't let the piston return properly. Just a thought,

Dave

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2009 07:48 
dave ,i've read most of the post but forgive me for repetition if I do.If it was me at this point I would reassemble the brake,press it into position with the brake peddle,so it is ready for use,then i'd remove the brake peddle on go for a long ride,to me this would,if it stays cool(there will be some heat as pads will be resting against the disc),eliminate the possibility that you have now,for some reason started depressing the brake peddle without realizing.Then i would replace the brake peddle and use it ,but make it impossible to press the peddle when not using i.e toes on tip of foot rest,then check to see if it is getting hot.
Have you bled the system and replace it accidently with DOT4 instead of DOT5,the two fluids turn to jelly if mixed,as this will cause a problem that you can't see?otherwise calipers get bloody hot and maybe you just never touched them before,or the differences in temp experienced,may be down to the fact that you was braking just a bit more before you stopped for the second "temp inspection"
after a run as soon as you get home stick the rear on a paddoch stand and check for binding,if there isn't any then the brakes are fine and you need to get back on the dope and Chillaxe man.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2009 12:27 

Current ride: A black one
Quote:
Have you looked at the seals on the master cylinder piston? Over the years of running very old bikes through all weathers, I've had all sorts of brake probs. One time it was the master cylinder pistons seals crudding up so it wouldn't let the piston return properly. Just a thought,

Dave

Well I am really miffed Dave, as I paid to have the master cylinder and calipers rebuilt (new seals pistons etc) costing me £200.00 :shock:

The guy that did it is not very helpfull and I am, to say the least, a tad cross.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2009 13:43 

Current ride: push
what sort of condition is your brake hose in?

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2009 18:12 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Most options seem covered; here's my tuppence worth......

Not sure if you would have used a hose clamp on the flexy hose. These can damage some hoses and cause them to de-laminate or crimp allowing fluid to pass under pressure but restrict the return.?