It is currently 29 Mar 2024 13:56

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2011 21:16 
Bike had been sat out in the rain last week, I fired it up and noticed the right indicators were flashing when not selected on. Left indicators worked as normal but when cancelled right ones came on again. I had recently fitted a rack so I checked the wiring under the back seat and found nowt wrong. Right hand indicators would not work as advertised with the engine running but strangely were ok with just ignition on.

Real confidence inspiring when I may soon have to ride this machine in a wet climate :headbang: Seems a dryout fixed it but very little logic to that symptom!

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2011 22:02 
:shut:

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2011 22:25 
1st - buy a rain cover £25 from Hein G , 2nd - Its water in the loom at the front thats the issue from my experience.

Prevention is better than cure theres some logic for ya

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011 07:29 
Seems logical I never experienced anything before when washing the bike though and was kinda concerned about if it ever got to Chadderton for its MSVA test would it play up after a wet journey and fail miserably? Loom at the front thanks could you be more specific? lOl

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011 08:49 
I have only had it occur to me after washing the bike :o - though a plastic bag over the cluster / key ignition area seems to keep the problem away.
It is prob water collecting in the loom behind the key ignition (this area is also a known problem as the wires are to short ) or collecting on the in side of the plastics use a chamois.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011 16:18 
mcrbuelligan wrote:
I have only had it occur to me after washing the bike :o - though a plastic bag over the cluster / key ignition area seems to keep the problem away.
It is prob water collecting in the loom behind the key ignition (this area is also a known problem as the wires are to short ) or collecting on the in side of the plastics use a chamois.

Okey dokey point noted thanks

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011 20:37 
hi from reading all replies and your original problem i would take a look at the left handlebar switch water can short the feed to either left or right if there is water in there just a thought

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011 19:30 
milky wrote:
hi from reading all replies and your original problem i would take a look at the left handlebar switch water can short the feed to either left or right if there is water in there just a thought

Thanks bud I gotta ride to Manchester for an SVA test soon I would hate to be plauged by gremlins on arrival and fail.