It is currently 18 Apr 2024 01:38

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009 20:23 
OK, here's the story, cam to the bike tonight cos I fancied a quick blast, wouldn't start, got a clicking from the starter almost like it wants to try and turn the engine over and then thinks it's had enough and then it refused to turn over at all.
It's not the battery, the bike sits on a maximiser when I'm not using it so that is OK.
Called the dealer and it's booked in tomorrow, they are coming over in the van to pick it up in the afternoon (it's under warranty still).
just been out to take the top box off so it can go in, thought I'd give it another go. ignition on, clocks to the sweep thing, engine light goes off, fuel pump does it's thing, then there was all I can describe as a pop from somewhere near the engine (can't be more specific than that, sorry), hit the starter and the damn thing fires up straight away, absolutely no problem.
OK now I'm confused. It's still going in tomorrow (warranty so sod that) as I need the bike to be reliable (use it every day - yeah, I know what you're all gonna say, if you want reliability why buy a Buell LOL).
Anyone got any ideas, and, if it starts in the morning, would I be OK to ride it to the dealers (about 7 miles) without the damn thing blowing up on me

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009 20:33 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Sounds like this

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1192

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009 21:39 

Current ride: m2/xbr/xbx
battery needs chargeing

FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF DARK

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009 22:01 
The Nagged Hubby

Wasn't there thing about bad earthing through the rear subframe on these??

Nate.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009 22:10 
cheers pash, nate, just been out to try it again and it was having none of it, getting it collected by the dealer tomorrow, Mac, battery is fully charged, it sits on a Maximiser (and has done all this weekend).
Pash, read that topic and thought it sounded familiar, just have to see what the dealer says, still under warranty.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 14:29 
Look on Badweb. As Nate said, there is a thread on bad battery earthing. This explains why sometimes it fires first click when other times the starter seems to be going in slow motion.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2009 10:55 
sorted. knackered relay all done under warranty, happy person now :D

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2009 18:42 
The Nagged Hubby

beanie wrote:
sorted. knackered relay all done under warranty, happy person now :D

Get a spare dude, they are cheap and made of cottage cheese.

N.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2009 21:15 
OK not happy person again.. did exactly the same thing again on Tuesday (same syptoms same not starting) at work it went back to the dealer on Tuesday and I AM NOT A HAPPY TEDDY BEAR... spoke to them today and they hadn't even looked at it.... no bike, no loaner it has now been off the road for 1 week out of three and I rely on this damn bike....has anyone got any idea

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2009 20:56 
Thank you to Ian at Cheltenham HD, I now have a loaner (XB12S) and he is going to work through and sort everything.
Now a happy teddy bear.
Cheers Ian